Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

Difficulty using keys.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:16 pm

*sorry if this has been discussed prior to this topic*

I had a moment not so long ago today which reminded me of my difficulty with keys. I had to open my boyfriend's door to his flat because he wasn't home. After spending about 10 minutes trying to open it, I had to phone him up in hope for some form of assistance. Eventually, I managed to open the front door and went upstairs to attempt the other door and after a few times I managed to open the door to his flat. During this I got really stressed out, keys are something which have always made me feel so awkward. I'm still a bit frustrated about it now and the whole thing made me feel stupid, even though I know it shouldn't. Does anybody else have problems with keys?

Re: Difficulty using keys.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:22 pm

I often struggle with keys, but I'm not so bad, the longest I took opening a door was 15 minutes, and thats because I was using my locker key :oops:

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:43 pm

I struggle with keys allot, especialy padlocks, they move about too much lol.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 pm

I struggle with keys loads. I panic if I can't use them correctly.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:40 pm

I am OK with familiar keys such as my room key and the keys I need in my workplace but I struggle with unfamiliar keys.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 pm

I have trouble locating them sometimes :lol: Takes me several minutes to just get them out my bag and in the lock.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm the same, I usually end up nearly cutting my hand when I delve into the depths of despair of my bag to find my keys!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:33 am

Keys are the work of the devil! I have to use each set ofkeys for MONTHS before I can get the hand movement/sequence vaguely right. Even now I try to use the doorbell whenever possible on my own house :P

Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 pm

I don't blame the keys, I blame the doors themselves! I have so much trouble with them knowing which way to turn the handle when locking it or if it is push or pull even if it's clearly labelled.
Post a reply