feeling alone

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

feeling alone

Postby ben 10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 am

i am 20 years old and have been living in new zealand for 6 months now i and moved over here by my self. i have recently had problems at work. it was a social event afterwork were i ended up annoying people without meaning to, at the time i thought were were all joking that was until he broke my tooth. now I relise he never liked and same with most the other people that i work with. i never had many freinds when i was at school and only realy had my family. no im over here i just feel alone, depressed, usles,angry, and stressed there are not many days were i have felt truly happy. because i work on a farm as well i make alot of mistakes like falling off my farm moterbike alot and braking or losing tools . somtimes i will just stand in the shed while were milking and go if in a day dream without relising it. since i have been here i have worked my hardest and everybody just thinks im useless.

i thought the move would be good getting away from the blob at home so that i could start a new life. It feels like im still at shcool were everybody is just laughing at me again. i just feel more alone and depressed than ever.

please sombody give me some advice
ben 10

Re: feeling alone

Postby nathanw-j » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 am

why not get a pet.
it helped me feel not so lonely
Last edited by nathanw-j on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Postby trembz9393 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Out of all the crap this condition has caused you, you are going to let a few idiotic, narrow minded people define who you are? Those people don't know the stuff you go through on a regular basis. You are going to be labeled as different BECAUSE YOU ARE DIFFERENT. In life you can't let you're whole being revolve around gaining others' acceptance. I'm sure this condition has put you through worse, and you made it through that okay. This shouldn't be any different especially since you are a grown man. There will be people out there who will be kind enough to get to know you, and accept you for you. Those people matter, and there out there. Also, always remember you have friends on here who will never judge or talk badly about you because we get it.
trembz9393
Advanced Member

Postby Emma92 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 am

I think I may have dyspraxia . I am 20 and I'm waiting to be tested I am really scared. That my family will treat me like a child. the thought of getting a job scares me. please can someone give me advice Thanks. :)
Emma92

Postby adamdonaldadam » Thu May 10, 2012 10:48 am

stand up to them, if you don't have the confidence to do so then build it up first. or you could get another job.

If your feeling low do something that makes you happy like listening to music or watching a comedy.

take up a hobby, it concentrates your mind on something else and could allow you to make new friends with the same hobby. having a pet, like a dog, is good too, as it gets you outside which is always good.
adamdonaldadam
Power Poster

Postby Alice » Tue May 29, 2012 9:04 pm

If you feel your job is a poor fit, have you considered finding another (I know easier sadi than done)?

In any case, have you talked to your colegues about your problems?
I know no one wants to start every introduction with "hi, I'm ______ and I have special needs. Let me explain them to you at great length before you start to think there are things I can do." However it's important people know why if they see you experiencing problems that could be mistaken for a lack of effort or if you feel you are being judged porley based on your weeknesses. You could try dropping it into the odd conversation as casualy as you can at first, if you're worried about being seen to make a deal of it.

As for loneliness, I think everyone who's left home has been there. While bouts of it are inevitable so far from your family until you get used to it, it sounds like you really do need to try and meet people through a new hobby or something. The hobby will prove as a good distraction, as well as leeding to friends with similar intersts.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat