Obessions

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Re: Obessions

Postby wadey » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:42 pm

im obsessed with songpop and quavers
wadey
Site Admin

Postby rosestar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 am

haemopath_bro wrote:i'm obbsessed with hetalia, visual kei, making costumes, dying my hair (i'm not scene, i'm visual kei), anything vocaloid and just being otaku.

i'm also in love with everything to do with words and language and all thing tied to it

I cycle through obsessing over things, which include being otaku at some points I'm
in love with anime, manga, cosplaying, figurines etc and then all of a sudden think I've grown out of it all, consider getting rid of everything and don't touch any of it then when my obsession returns I'm so glad I never acted on getting rid of things. My other obsessions in my cycle include disney, Tim burton (Helena bonham carter and johnny depp) all things related to all three at the same time, and Japanese fashions.
rosestar

Postby Paddington » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Obsessions are something every one has I have been obsessed with greek mythology since year 7. I am generally obsessed with books at the moment they are: the Percy Jackson/ heroes of Olympus/Kane chronicles books- the inheritance cycle- Shakespeare's The tempest-throne of glass and seraphina
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:52 am

Obsessions are something every one has

I'm not sure how correct this statement is. A lot of people will say that they are obsessed with things but their interest does not extend far enough and take over their life enough for it to be considered an obsession in the true sense of the word. My current obsession is disabilities and medical conditions. I have had this obsession since the age of 10 and I now work full time in the residential care sector which acts as an outlet for my obsession as, in my job, looking up medical conditions etc is an important aspect of my work. I think most people who are genuinely obsessed with certain subjects generally meet the criteria for either autism or OCD but this is just what I have noticed from growing up on the spectrum myself.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Purple_Alpaca » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:17 am

My current obsession is Buffy the Vampire Slayer :D
Smile, dance, laugh, live and don't take anything for granted. Being here is a gift.

“My advice to you is please don't ever sit in your room and lock yourself away because you don't think you're good enough.”

Hello(:I'm Holly.
Purple_Alpaca
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:30 am

Nice to see you back here, Holly :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Paddington » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Well most of the people I know seem obsessed with something my friend often tells me another friend is even more obsessed than she is and my she has a medical disorder (she has asbergis syndrome) whenever I say any word remotely related to chickens then they groan my brother is so obsessed with technology and his tablet that he hugs it instead of a teddy bear.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby parnassus » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Steph wrote:
Obsessions are something every one has

I'm not sure how correct this statement is. A lot of people will say that they are obsessed with things but their interest does not extend far enough and take over their life enough for it to be considered an obsession in the true sense of the word. My current obsession is disabilities and medical conditions. I have had this obsession since the age of 10 and I now work full time in the residential care sector which acts as an outlet for my obsession as, in my job, looking up medical conditions etc is an important aspect of my work. I think most people who are genuinely obsessed with certain subjects generally meet the criteria for either autism or OCD but this is just what I have noticed from growing up on the spectrum myself.

I know what you mean. I am obsessed with pencils and have been ever since I was a toddler, to the point where I need to have one in my hand all the time, and I flick it in the same repetitive way. I get really anxious and fidgety if I haven't got one and I feel as though I can't think. (I used to call pencils my 'thinking sticks'.) At school people used to say things like "Oh, I'm obsessed with CSI" but they didn't feel panicky and unable to continue their day properly if they missed an episode. When I am obsessed with something, it becomes such a huge part of my life that I struggle to do anything else - when I was obsessed with Ancient Egypt, for example, I talked about it all the time and read up on it in great detail and didn't want to play with any other children unless they would play at being Ancient Egyptians with me. When they did play, I would get cross at them for not being accurate and not knowing all the details in the way I did.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Paddington » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:16 pm

I know how you feel Parnassus when ever I am stressed I cant stop clicking clicky pens my friends have to physically take them away before I strop and I mean all ( I have a large supply of them).
Paddington
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm obsessed with Wentworth Prison at the moment. :)
Remus
Site Admin

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:04 pm

I feel that my Monty Python obsession might be coming back. It started at the beginning of this week, when I decided to watch "Holy Flying Circus", which is not a Python film in itself, but...a tribute? Yeah, I guess that's a good word. Basically, it's a film about the contraversy that Life of Brian caused in 1979 with young, fairly new-ish actors portraying the Pythons. And I ended up watching it 3 times. And then I watched Holy Grail, Life of Brian, The Meaning of Life and And Now For Something Completely Different throughout the week. I've watched The Meaning of Life 3 times now because that's my favourite and I just can't get enought of it. Monty Python has been one of my biggest obsessions in my life, starting in early 2007, hence the reason why my username contains the name "Monty". It actually caused quite a lot of problems for me mentally (even though it kinda helped my mental health at the same time if that makes sense). I couldn't function unless I watched one of their films or sketches every day. And don't get me started on my crush on Michael Palin. I used to be in tears pretty much every day because I loved him so much, and I was so depressed that he wasn't my husband or boyfriend or whatever. There were some good times, too, though. I met a very tiny group of amazing people in a forum dedicated to Python. There were only five or six of us in total, and I didn't actually know them very well, but I considered them very dear friends. I'm not in contact with any of them now, though, sadly.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat