Switch to full style
Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.
Post a reply

Sports Day

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:52 am

Am I right in say this was like the worst day of the year? :lol:

I was like I'm rubbish at normal sports, don't make stuff up I can be bad at as well! Luckily, I only had in primary school. Some of it I didn't mind but I loathed having to embarrass myself in front of all the other kids as well as parents. I remember there was always four groups (colours) which we got randomly put in every year and I just remember losing every single year. The worst for me was the skipping rope, me with a skipping rope, it's a deadly combination for anyone in my vicinity as well as myself. Hate it! :evil:

Re: Sports Day

Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 am

in always used to be quite good at skipping for some reason

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:22 pm

I still can't skip at the age of 25! Although I always came last in the Sports Day races I took part in, I never really had an issue with them. The most embarrassing time was when one of my teachers came over the tannoy and started cheering me on when I was the last person left in one of the races!

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Skipping is my idea of hell! I always used to trip over. One time I sprained my ankle really badly from tripping while skipping in the playground :/
I do not like sports days but they have been better at senior school in comparison to junior school as you do not have to compete in every single race and you get time to chat with friends in between the torture of sports! :) However I have had countless bad experiences one of the worse being a spectacular fall right on to my front in front of practically the whole school when running when I collided with another person :oops:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:37 pm

When it came to skipping, I was very much a snail as I had to place the rope, step over it and then over myself again. I really could not do it fast otherwise I would take myself out at the legs! :P

Sounds real embarrassing, Steph! I had the same but with my team-mates, I just cringe.

Oh dear, Katie! Sounds awful! I hope you weren't badly hurt or anything by it.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:06 am

No I just got a bit of a bruise on my knee, it was the doing it in front of the whole school part which was the worst part!! :oops:

Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 pm

I couldn't skip when I was young and I can't skip now, whenever I tried I would often trip myself up. So in sports day I sort of ran with the rope trailing behind me, occasional swinging it round and missing the jump. When it comes to team sports I wasn't good enough, my co-ordination was really bad and I kept missing the ball and no one would pass to me anyway. Ironically I came second in Year 7 hurdles, without any faults (i.e knocking any over) so I can jump stationary objects, just not moving ones!

Thu May 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Wow, I loathe hurdles. I point blank refused to do them in secondary school, totally had a panic attack over them.
Post a reply