Reading

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Who's your fave author?

Poll ended at Wed May 25, 2005 3:42 pm

Jacqueline Wilson
17%
Roald Dahl
17%
Enid Blyton
No votes
Micheal Morpugo
No votes
Other
67%

Total votes : 6

Postby C » Thu May 26, 2005 3:10 pm

I love Anne Frank's diary. It's such a tragic read though, especially knowing the ending. Just reading chapters towards the end, especially bits where Anne is happy, knowing that soon she's gonig to die is just terrible. My dad's been to Anne Frank's house and brought me back a massive book about her life, which is really interesting.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Fri May 27, 2005 9:37 am

I've been to Anne Franks house too. I was amazed that I was standing inside a house that the Frank family had been hiding inside. My favourite way of learning history is going to museums because it's like you're going back in time and it's easier to imagine what it's like.

If you ever go to Amsterdam, you should definitely check out Anne Franks house! :D
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri May 27, 2005 8:13 pm

Yeah I agree, but I also think some people are just born evil. I have been taking a psychology class and my professor says that some people are just born with some kind of thing that they can't change and then they become evil from it. She said that was the way Jeffrey Dahmer might have been. He was the guy that killed people and then ate them, without a care in the world. She said he could have had anti-social personality disorder, where people don't ever learn what they are doing is wrong. I don't think he was ever diagnosed, but people say he could have been. It is sad to think there are people that would do that kind of thing, knowingly or unknowingly. :cry:
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun May 29, 2005 8:50 pm

Perhaps some people do have psychoses that mean they are able to wantonly kill, but the vast majority of the Holocaust murderers were ordinary men and women - they weren't psychotic in the least. Have you studied Stanley Milgram's controversial obedience experiment? Look him up. You'll be horrified at what he found. Basically, ninety-nine percent of decent, rational human beings would kill on command.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue May 31, 2005 4:03 pm

Yeah, we just did that in psych. It was rather scary. :?
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat