handwriting

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:36 pm

I have always like Michael Jordan as a basketball player and I think he is probably a nice guy too. At least I like to think so since he has done a lot of publicity for kids to get an education beyond high school (age 18 or 19). I think he has been a good role model for many kids of my age because we grew up watching him play on the Chicago Bulls (he will be in the NBA (National Basketball Association) hall of fame some day for being such a good player and helping the Bulls to 6 championship wins in the 1990s)!! It really makes a good leader and role model when you can say that he has influence in both his career and in his regular life, which I think MJ does. He still does a lot of promotion for education, as far as I know. At the time he was playing there weren't as many African-Americans (he is African-American) in college because a lot of them just didn't go or dropped out. He was trying especially to get more African-American kids interested in college and ended up getting a lot of kids of every background interested. This is kind of random, but I am into random stuff sometimes so I have to say I watched every MJ championship game and my favorite IMAX movie (a movie on a really big dome-shaped screen) is Michael to the Max, in which the six-foot forward (Michael Jordan) is taller than ever on the screen!! At the beginning you can only see his feet and his calves!8)

Shanna-banana!
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby bibliophile » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:48 pm

i had an alpha-smart for a while but it didn't work for me but for some people it's great my handwriting is classed as illegible but i type most things thopugh because in the exams i just had my accuracy was not very good (using strange key board) i might have to write the next ones!
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby parnassus » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:13 pm

Tell your teachers that you would prefer to use a standard keyboard and make sure they realise that your accuracy is usually very good...your handwriting can't possibly be any clearer! It doesn't sound to me as if they're trying to be helpful - they just want to adhere to their protocol. Grrr.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Jemstone123 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:45 pm

Katielauren2001 wrote:
C wrote:I hate my handwriting! It starts off okay but gets messier and messier as I get tired.

I actually write very, very quickly; unusual for someone with dyspraxia. It's just I have so many thought in my head and I think I'll forget them if I don't write them down as quickly as possible, lol. I write quickly when copying off the board as well though, don't know why, really. I also grip my pen really tightly, which even makes my fingers sweat and feel sore, lol.

I used to write very quick ,but now I don't go as fast.

Same here... my handwritting used to be a totally mess... but it changed everyday... one day it's neat nexted day scruffy lol... i write terriably slow now and can't remember the last time i completed a task. :wink:
Jemstone123

Postby Abi-18yr with dispraxia » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:13 pm

my handwriting is the worst! im ambidexrous and you cant tell which is right or left because both is so messy
Abi
birthday: 10/06/87
Abi-18yr with dispraxia
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat