Problem

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

What are you scared of?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:21 pm

Spiders
No votes
Hospitals
No votes
Heights
33%
Dark
No votes
Snakes
No votes
Insects
No votes
Dogs
No votes
Other
67%

Total votes : 3

Problem

Postby Katielauren2001 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:21 pm

I went to camp on Friday ,I came back yesterday ,yesterday was the hardest we did an obstacle course , we came to the hardest obstacle it was a narrow beam you had to climb up onto with ropes,when you got to the top you had to walk along another narrow beam at the end you had to swing down on a rope but I could'nt so my guider Sam had to help me down ,I really am scared of heights because I have dyspraxia.And if we play games ,and I get picked ,I get really worried because I think people will laugh at me.
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Phil » Mon May 30, 2005 3:46 pm

I am scared of dogs - it happen when I was about 4.
Phil
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Tue May 31, 2005 3:58 pm

I am sort of scared of elevators since I rode the tower of terror at Walt Disney World in Florida, but I still can go on them and I still like the ride. I just think about the ride whenever I get on one. There are some that seem to get stuck a little at school. 8)
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby madame_tigre » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:19 am

My biggest fear is crowds. It makes me feel like I'm being hoovered up by the noisiest vacuum cleaner yet and I just want to escape!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:45 pm

Spiders, crowds, and noise can all induce panic attacks in me. I don't mind heights too much if there is a nice solid barrier in between me and the drop, but because my depth perception is so wonky I get terrified if I am sitting on a gate - even though logic tells me that I'm not so very high up.

Katie, people who laugh at you are insecure in their own minds and hearts. They know that they would feel extremely embarrassed in your situation, so they expect you to act as they would. Don't gratify them by getting upset or cross. Calmly describe your dyspraxic symptoms, but end on a positive note with, "I'll still try my best." The majority of people will probably be very kind and helpful.

Some won't. There are many idiots in my school who laugh at me because of the way I walk (I have a very strange gait) my unshakeable daydreams, my pedantic speech, my fear of noise. At one time I used to be bullied badly because of these things. But not any more. Now I notice that no one dares to tease me to my face, although they still love doing it behind my back. It still smarts occasionally, but for the most part I don't bother with them. As I frequently remind myself, "Worry about every idiot you meet, and you won't have any time left!"
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:18 pm

Good advice, Vicky. I may just take you up on that advice. :D
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby life's_odd_but_who_cares? » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:07 pm

i HATE needles
most people say i have no heart.... what they dont know is that i actually have the heart of an innocent young girl... in a jar on my desk. (Stephen King)
life's_odd_but_who_cares?

Postby Katielauren2001 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:16 pm

parnassus wrote:Spiders, crowds, and noise can all induce panic attacks in me. I don't mind heights too much if there is a nice solid barrier in between me and the drop, but because my depth perception is so wonky I get terrified if I am sitting on a gate - even though logic tells me that I'm not so very high up.

Katie, people who laugh at you are insecure in their own minds and hearts. They know that they would feel extremely embarrassed in your situation, so they expect you to act as they would. Don't gratify them by getting upset or cross. Calmly describe your dyspraxic symptoms, but end on a positive note with, "I'll still try my best." The majority of people will probably be very kind and helpful.

Some won't. There are many idiots in my school who laugh at me because of the way I walk (I have a very strange gait) my unshakeable daydreams, my pedantic speech, my fear of noise. At one time I used to be bullied badly because of these things. But not any more. Now I notice that no one dares to tease me to my face, although they still love doing it behind my back. It still smarts occasionally, but for the most part I don't bother with them. As I frequently remind myself, "Worry about every idiot you meet, and you won't have any time left!"
Very good advice Vicky .
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:53 pm

Good luck with everything. :)
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby monkey » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:49 am

im scared of spiders heights and people.
Vicky seems to ahve Wisdom.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

re

Postby k9ruby » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:18 pm

I'm scared of hospitals as i HATE injections :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby parnassus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:37 pm

I used to quite like injections as a child. They made me feel special, because I was practically the only one in my class who didn't burst into tears when the nurse hove in sight with a rattling box of diphtheria vaccines. (My pain threshhold is unusually high.)
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Katielauren2001 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:03 pm

Thats just like me I used laugh when I got injections .It just shows that people that have dyspraxia have something good in common.
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby fuzzy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:13 pm

Iv got some wierd phobias myself, I dunno if this is because I have dyspraxia or because I am a bit of a strange creature lol! Im not a sqeemish person but when it comes to eyes or rotten teeth I get all eecchhh if that makes sense! IM TELLING YOU, kILL BILL 2 SCARRED ME FOR LIFE, IF ANYONES SEEN THE EYE SEQUENCE, ITS SOOOOO MINGIN! woops caps lock again doh! Im terrifyed of having rotten teeth or worse, no teeth at all! The same for eyes, one of my worst fears is going blind, touchwood..... Im also funny about touching certain metal objects, I HATE getting electric shocks!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby C » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:53 pm

I have some many phobia's it's scary! Spiders, esculators, strangers touching me, vomit, crowds, slightly claustrophobic and slightly afraid of heights and, to a lesser extent, the dark. My biggest phobia is death though. I just feel terrified every time I think about it and I know it's something I can't avoid...it's going to happen some day...
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat