Noises

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Noises

Postby k9ruby » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:58 pm

When I was little about 3-4, I used to HATE/Be scared of the following noises:

- Vacumming
-Hairdryer
-Babys crying (Still drives me mad if it gos on long enough!!!)
-Other weird noises.

Really surprisingly, as a 3-4 year old, I got bored of being in in a plane and thought rollercoasters could be more exciting. (Whereas most kids at that age would be scared stiff!)

Did anyone else experience this when they were little, or still do?

Just interested!
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:30 pm

I used to be afraid of roller coasters until I went on Raging Bull at Six Flags: Great America in Gurnee, Illinois. Although, I did go on the ones at Walt Disney World in Florida when I was little. I went on Space Mountain and I cried! Now, I am not afraid of it at all! I really liked the other rides because I went on them when I was older. The Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster is my favorite ride at Disney and I like the Tower of Terror elevator ride. 8) It is quite scary though. I have since been on the American Eagle at Six Flags (I think it is one of the oldest Roller coasters in America because it is wooden). I like Superman, Batman, and Viper at Great America. :D Problem is, barely anyone in my family likes Great America. :(

I don't like hearing babies cry either. It makes me sad too. I want to cry with them!

I hate the vacuum sound too! :shock:

Shanna
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:47 pm

I still can't stand vacuum cleaners or any loud noise. Interestingly, I can cope with rousing classical music providing I'm given time to adjust to it, with earplugs in - perhaps because it is structured and has a purpose. Nothing will make me tolerate the hoover or the sound of a train squealing to a halt in the station.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby bibliophile » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:06 pm

my mum has a kenwood mixer she used to use once a week hen i was little and i used to always run screeming from the room the moment she would head for the cupboard it was kept in i just could not cope with the noise it maid also i can hear higher than some people so the sound a t.v makes when it's on i can't describe it and lights make when on is really anoying! Very imbarrasing to explain to a teacher when they've got the t.v on with a black screen waiting to put in a video if they could just turn it of till necessary!
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby parnassus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:07 pm

I know that television sound. It's a very high-pitched whine, like a soprano bee...
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:03 pm

vacume cleaners anoy me and iritate me, I find I can always hear little noises that no one else hears, or acknowlge that they hear. I can remember as part of the DBT i had a while ago trying to do mindfulness, whoa that was fun!!!!
x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby C » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:42 pm

I don't like the noise of babies crying but I can tolerate it; this is good as I am going to work in the child care profession. It's funny, I hate lots of loud noises however the noise children make doesn't bother me at all, in fact I quite like it
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:59 pm

Althought thinking about it hairdryers bug the heck out of me, and I dont actualy own one
!
x
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby ~Jenny~ » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:11 pm

quiet noises affect me quite badly sometimes, my family don't understand when I get annoyed at them for speaking really really quietly and my brother shuts the door really slowly just cause he knows the creaking noise gets on my nerves and it makes me want to scream and cry but i know he'd do it more if i did

but i'm usually fine with quite loud noise (apart from unbearably loud noise that no one in the world could put up with)
~Jenny~
Forum Master

Postby tujunga » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:36 pm

the only noise that affects me is icy frozen anything rubbed together(ie two bags of frozen peas) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
it hurts me i have to leave the room.

i some times get very adatetjed (that is spelt sooo wrong!)
over really little things does this happen to any one else? (this doesn't happen too often and never lasts more than half an hour)

tujunga
tujunga
Super Poster

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:05 am

Couple of things for me...

Loud Music
    Vacuum Cleaner (This seems to be popular!!!)
    Polystyrene (ARGH! I hate it!)
    Tuneless Whistling

There might be one or two others... I'll have a think about it and come back. :P
Matt
Site Admin

Location: Milton Keynes, England, Europe, Earth. You may have heard of it....

noises

Postby k9ruby » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:53 pm

The ones i hate are:

Babys crying
Vacumm cleaner (Deafens me)
Loud music (I have never liked discos!)
The sound of the electric guitar and tapping of things-Eg, chopsticks onm a granite worktop (GEORGE!!!!!!)
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby Joss1991 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:43 pm

fire works
vacums
babys crying
the phone
loud tv
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby kai » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:35 pm

I don't like little kids throwing tantrums at the top of their voice