Learning Headaches

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Do you get headache's when learning?

Yes.
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 11

Learning Headaches

Postby lukeyj » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:40 pm

Hi all. One thing has been nagging me for a while but keeps slipping my mind when on here is that i get headache's when learning. This is really frustrating to me and pushes me away from it.

I used to love maths, still do. Though i can't do it much due to constant headaches. One reply to this was glasses, maybe it is to do with the fact my eyes are straining. I went to the opticians and got a test, he said, my eyes were perfectly fine, just a bit of movement. I used glasses provided to see if they worked and they did nothing for me.

One thing to note is that I do not get headache's when reading. Only when reading something i need to learn. Is this psychological or is it to do with dyspraxia? The reason i thought that is that due to getting headaches while reading with problems of the eyes, maybe the fact that learning with not so great and rapid senses puts more strain on the brain.

Also i've tried drinking more fluids while working to no avail. Can anyone chip in any ideas?
lukeyj

Postby monkey » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:39 am

i also got constant headackes when learning, and sometimes some very nasty miagrains. in my first year of high school i found my self needing glases for being long sited (prior to which i had always been a little bit short sited) with in months of finnishing my last year at school my site came right and i dont need to use my glassess anymore, ive since put the headakes and need of glasses down to the stress involved with learning and trying to understand. Another words the amount of concentration it took to learn i belive caused the headacks, miagrains and longsitedness. However i could very well be rong.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:39 pm

Are you studying in a comfortable environment? Perhaps there isn't enough light. Headaches can be caused by stress, but if you love maths then I can't see why that would affect you.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Load's and Load's

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:14 pm

I get a phonamanal amount of head aches and have researched to discover that they are a dyspraxic thing- once i was taking so many pain killers my mum and dad were ready to take my to the doctor on an account of how many i took- luckly i have stopped now but that just goes to show how many you can have! :?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat