New teacher

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

What are you doing in th holidays?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:20 pm

Going on holiday abroad
40%
Staying at home
30%
Having fun with your mates
10%
Chilling out
10%
Spending time with your family
10%
Have a mega shopping spree
No votes

Total votes : 10

New teacher

Postby Katielauren2001 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:20 pm

I am going into primary 7 and getting a new teacher ,better than my old one .For the whole of Primary 6 it has been hell she touched you and grabbed you when you were'nt doing things that well .But now in scotland it's the holidays and I'm going to Flamingo Land for a week near Yorkshire .And I am really excited :!:But if my new teacher is like that then I don't know what to do!
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:45 am

I'm going to spend a week doing vouluntary work. I'm helping at a summer play-scheme for kids who have had a tough time (e.g. kids in care, kids who have lost family members, kids who have been really badly bullied.) The kids will be aged between 7-10. I'm worried that I'll be worse at the sports activities than they are! I'll just have to laugh it off.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby bibliophile » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:58 am

With the teacher i think you should if they touch you say that you are not entirely comfortable with that

or
Sit in a really inaccessable place in the class room then they can't get to you to touch you!
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:28 pm

bibliophile wrote:With the teacher i think you should if they touch you say that you are not entirely comfortable with that

The thing is, I made a committment to do this and I don't wanna feel like I'm letting people down.
Anyway, I think it could be an advantage. The Camp often takes on klids who've been bullied for dyspraxia or similar things, so I reckon it would be nice for them to see that they're not the only one.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:38 pm

I'm glad you guys get to have fun all summer, but I'll be working!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

touching

Postby k9ruby » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:24 pm

With the teacher i think you should if they touch you say that you are not entirely comfortable with that

or
Sit in a really inaccessable place in the class room then they can't get to you to touch you!

Or..create a lot of static electricity and they let a staic shock, therefore they will never touch u again! LOL
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:03 pm

flamingo land is wicked im sure you will have a awesome time (im in yorkshire and been severeal times)
xxx
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Katielauren2001 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:00 am

Yes Flamingo land is great ,I am back now and enjoying the rest of the holidays.
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:51 pm

I am back in Saudi Arabia at last, enjoying the sun, living in the water, and having a lovely time with my parents and the cat. I miss them very much when I'm in England...even though Monty the cat did start wailing outside my bedroom door at six a.m. this morning, determined to come in!
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby fuzzy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:41 pm

That camp sounds cool to volunteer at! Good luck with it all. Yeah Flamingo Lands fab; I was there back in 1989.......... God I feel old (but I was four then!) he he. Yay, a fellow Scot on this website! Well Im working away this summer like the last one, doing Ghost tours on Edinburghs Royal Mile and working in one of the most haunted places in the UK... FUN!!!!!!!! But apart from that, Im chilling out, relaxing after backpacking in Italy and saving for London, then Prague, then South America, although obviously not all at once! TTFN (Ta ta for now)
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat