Parents

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Parents

Postby bibliophile » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:06 am

My parents don't seem to understand that i have difficulty doing somethings and i really need to know in my head what is going to happen in the next couple of days, if it involves me! if i don't io get worried and my dyspraxia seems to get worse i stair at someones feet :oops: when talking to them or i affirm my love for door nobs by constantly crashing into them that type of thing but when i explain that to them i am told to be more flexible :evil: and that i should not worry. I just wont to know if i am alone in having parents who try to understand but just don't quite get it! I am troubles with my mum getting her to realise that i like to be involved in what is happening to me such as going to cornwall or having a different special needs teacher. I don't like a strict rutine but i like to know what is happening is it like this for anyone else? I am really worried i am the only one who feels this way.
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby Katielauren2001 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:37 pm

I understand how you feel .I think my parents don't understand when I spill a drink or bash into something.But if you tell them how u feel they might understand how you are feeling.
Katielauren2001
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:25 pm

Just ask your parents if anything is happening that you should know about. Easier said than done, it might seem like a bizzarre question. But just don't worry.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby bibliophile » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:30 pm

Thanks! it's nice to know there are other people who have the same problem!
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:26 pm

I'm exactly the same! I think my parents understand, but occasionally I still don't feel informed enough. In the evenings you could casually ask your parents if anything interesting is happening tomorrow and fingers crossed they'll give you some detail.

Hope this helps
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat