Happy Dyspraxia Awareness Day!

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Happy Dyspraxia Awareness Day!

Postby Helen » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:46 am

Hope you all manage to spread the word and educate at least one person today. :)
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby dansmum » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:00 pm

Hi Helen and happy dyspraxia awareness day to you to.

Ive done my bit this morning , Ive printed off loads of information and sent it to school with a home made Happy Dyspraxia day card.

my youngest is his own unique way has also spread the word. his class have been on a trip this morning and done carving activities , being dyspraxic hes not managed to stay in the proper lines for his carving and when the insructor commented on his 'wobbly lines' he just turned to him and said ''well I am Dyspraxic you know'' the insructor asked him what that was so he went on at great length to explain it to him as best he could.

not bad for a 7 yr old .

I told both boys this morning to try and educate at least one person, then I realised what Id said and have worried all day that my eldest would give a demonstration and come home with yet another broken bone :)

He did well though he actually wore his wristband to school and said he wasnt going to take it off unless they surgically removed it .
If any teachers asked him to take it off he would say i will but only if you can tell me 5 facts about dyspraxia.
Ive not had any calls to tell me he has detention yet so hopefully hes not caused too much trouble .

I just hope I havent created a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
dansmum

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:08 pm

Happy dyspraxia awareness day to all
love hugs prayers and light
Lea
xxx
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby bibliophile » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:35 pm

HAPPY DYSPRAXIA AWARNESS DAY!!!!! I only managed to educate my family by in all my grace falling forward down our front stairs by tripping over my own feet! It's fine though!
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby Helen » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi Max,

Ive printed off loads of information and sent it to school with a home made Happy Dyspraxia day card.

I love it! How did that go down then?

Your boys have been brilliant too, in doing their bit. Hope there were no detentions! :wink:

Thanks for sharing those gems.

Helen :)
Helen
Mega Poster

Postby Phil » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:15 pm

I did a bit last week

I did not have much time today at work to spread awareness - I was busy working on inputting batches onto the system.
Phil
Forum Master

Postby tujunga » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:53 pm

''happy dyspraxic day to us

happy dyspraxic day to us

happy dyspraxic day dear everybody

happy dyspraxic day to us''

sung in the tune of happy birthday(''.)
tujunga
Super Poster

DD

Postby k9ruby » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:19 pm

He did well though he actually wore his wristband to school and said he wasnt going to take it off unless they surgically removed it .
If any teachers asked him to take it off he would say i will but only if you can tell me 5 facts about dyspraxia.
Ive not had any calls to tell me he has detention yet so hopefully hes not caused too much trouble .

I just hope I havent created a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LOL!!!!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby alexlaird87 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:39 am

it's, ALIVE!!!!!

Mwhaahaahaaahaaaa!!!!!
(Diabolical laughter)
alexlaird87
Forum Master

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat