Somone to blame!

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Somone to blame!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:14 pm

Does anyone at times feel really low about having dyspraxia and it's being 'the hidden disability' and feel they need somone to blame (but as i do not believe in god due to many reasons) i feel i have noone to blame. So for some reason you feel angry at youself for having it. Then when I get thease feelings i feel worse cause it's sort of like self- pitying. and if i talk to anyone they are all like "well you can't tell there's anything wroung- so it can't be that bad". :(
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:06 pm

I know the feeling. :( I always wanted someone to blame in the days before I was diagnosed with dyspraxia. I kept failing and falling (metaphorically as well as literally!) and although I tried to pin the blame on many different people, in the end I started to upbraid myself.

But when I was diagnosed, that all changed. As soon as I heard the word 'dyspraxia', I knew that my problems were nobody's fault - least of all my own. But they are my responsibility. I believe it is up to us all to make the best of what we have. Dyspraxia is quite exciting in that respect - it means we have a challenge and a gift, as well as a disability.

I sometimes feel down and despondent, but as a religious person I know that God will never let me go under. The Holy Qu'ran says, "On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear." If I find myself in a tough or sticky situation, I actually cheer up, because it shows that God has greater confidence in my capabilities than I do. (I've been very worried about going to university recently, as change is always difficult for me to handle, but this thought comforts me.) God has faith in me, just as I have faith in Him.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby fuzzy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:11 pm

Hey, I know how you feel as well. I used to get annoyed with my mum telling me that i was stupid and useless becuse Im clumsy, but now I realise that its her that has the problem with dyspraxia, not me- she doesnt like the fact Iv got it otherwise she wouldnt continously throw dark hints about how unsatisfactory a person I am- for example, Im lazy and 'do nothing'- im going into 2nd year of uni, passing well and working these holidays. Yeah, mum... :evil: But of course, I get fed up with not being able to do things and understand stuff as well as others, but whenever I feel like that, I just remind myself of all the good points in my life- and besides, it could be worse- I could be dying or have no legs, or be a ned! I just try and stay positive, but I must say rite niow that is difficult living with the grim reaper herself, also know as my mother... (grumble grumble yarg yarg)
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

correct!

Postby Radioactive_hairgel » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:10 pm

har-har! Yeah i guess your all right! :D Thanks for the positivness of your replies!
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers

www.myspace.com/marthaduncanmusic
Radioactive_hairgel
Splendiferous Member

Postby C » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:17 pm

The only person I've ever felt like blaming is myself. I still do occaionally, like when I spill drinks or smash glasses when I'm trying to 'help' by washing up. feel likev I can't do anything right. I do have to remind myself that dyspraxia. Because it's mild and I act happy most of the time people forget.

The fact that I get angry and frustrated with dyspraxia makes me think that if I didn't have it I'd be a very short-tempered person. As it is, I think dypraxia has made me more patient with others because I know what it's like, if you know what I mean
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat