Survey for a dyspraxia support group for people aged 16-25

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Survey for a dyspraxia support group for people aged 16-25

Postby Dyspraxicme » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello,

I am setting up a support service for young people aged 16-25.

This survey is to help setup a group for young dyspraxics. I will use the results to develop a relevant support service for young people aged 16-25 with dyspraxia. Being dyspraxic myself I notice there isn’t support for young people who have left education to develop confidence to participate in sports and with help to develop life skills such as cooking and looking for work.

Link:
tolu.na/1087h46 (copy and paste link)

To develop my idea and to make this opportunity happen for young people with dyspraxia, I have got help from the Fixers www.fixers.org.uk ‘Fixers is a movement of young people tackling issues they feel strongly about to make a difference to others.’

The survey asks these questions:

How old are you?

What region of the UK do you live in?

Would you like support to give you skills for your adult life?

If you were to attend a group for people with Dyspraxia, what sort of
things would you like support to do?
Cooking
Help with CV and interview skills
Hair and make-up
Keep fit/exercise/sport
Other, please specify

Did you enjoy P.E. at school?

Would you like to meet up monthly or weekly?

Would you like to meet up on a week day afternoon or at the weekend?

The Fixers will be helping me to raise awareness with a campaign with ITV creative department they will help with posters, flyers, downloadable support packs… Excitingly if this project is successful ITV may film a broadcast that will be shown on Regional news.
The Fixers will also help me to deliver the workshops, find support and funding.

Have a look at the Fixers website to see what other young people have campaigned about and have achieved so far: http://www.fixers.org.uk/home/about.php

Thanks
Dyspraxicme

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat