My thoughts on ADHD

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

My thoughts on ADHD

Postby HardsmashL » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 pm

I have something to say
I feel people stereotype those with ADHD too much,
people think that people with ADHD don't try hard, are naughty , disruptive and annoying. MAYBE a few because they can't help it, but not everyone with ADHD are going to be the same and just because someone is naughty and disruptive, doesn't always mean it's because they ADHD. I also think that it's taken lightly, people say " it's not a big deal" but most conditions are a big deal. Have you ever been paranoid of something RIDICULOUS? but then kept overthinking and wanting these awful images in your head to stop? (NO I DO NOT HAVE SCHIZOPHRENIA!)
have they ever been things you really rather not think of, but do anyway?

or is it just me who thinks all this?

I feel there is something we do not know about ADHD...i mean hyper activity won't always be displayed phsically, it will and can be thought. And if you get paranoid easily having an hyperactive mind is hard to get rid of the fears. There are LOTS of great things about ADHD. Like I feel it helps me imagine stuff, like drawing and poems and to be creative. But i feel ADHD can have a darker side to it then people think.
HardsmashL

Re: My thoughts on ADHD

Postby Rodge1991 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:03 am

What I feel about ADHD is an abundance of energy...too much energy for a person to control-with time maybe it could be. That's why they can't sit still for too long.
Personally I think if the ADHD can be channelled or controlled the possibilities for that person would be endless. Someone justs needs to give them a chance instead of shunning them to a typical misguided stereotype.

Like with all, the Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Autism etc, etc People are only told the bad side, or in the eyes of the non-afflicted/non-gifted, the ONLY side. It's obvious that the human mind is incredible and where it lacks in one area it'll make up in another.

People just need to be taught that despite there being a 'disability' there will be a strength elsewhere.
Visit my Dyspraxia Blog:http://www.DyspraxicFantastic.com
ImageImage
NUMQUAM DEFICERE ~ Never Give Up
Rodge1991
Mega Poster

Re: My thoughts on ADHD

Postby lalacurf121 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:08 am

Thanks for the info
genting princess
lalacurf121
Super Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat