is she 'simple'?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

do people mistake you as 'simple'? or treat you as if you are stupid.

often
41%
sometimes
59%

Total votes : 17

Postby parnassus » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:41 pm

Don't worry, it was years ago. I just feel for the loss of the cat. I love my cats, and I wanted them all to have good homes...yet I have to own that she probably abandoned it in the desert. Maybe I'm not so naive after all.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:40 am

its sick the wya some people treat animals. my family keep trying to convince me taht im to attached to my cats, they try to explain to me that there not human, and i know there not. but they can be much nicer than people.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby alexlaird87 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:45 pm

damb right!!!
alexlaird87
Forum Master

Postby parnassus » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:32 pm

monkey, you write far too well to be simple! Thank you for sending me that story - it is one of the best things I've read in a long while.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:27 pm

really? tahnk you!
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:36 pm

its ironic that you like it considering i never managed to compleate english at school, i was considered by most to be the altimate english failer, i make no exadurations when i say this. prehapes it was simpley a mixter of Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, and the fact that i ran out of the room crying when asked to present my speech :)
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:42 pm

Monkey, spelling isn't everything! People got by for centuries before dictionaries were invented when it didn't matter how you spelt a word, just as long as people knew what you meant. That said, I am quite particular about spelling and grammar, because I like learning about the structure of languages, which is why I study Latin. However, I believe in content of spelling (and handwriting, for that matter) all th way. I once wrote a poem about that, which would be good for the anthology, but I lost it :(.
Anyhow, back to the original topic, the most hurtful time when I was accused of being "simple" was when I was told that I would never get into University because
"You'll get good grades and everything, but when you go to interview and they see what a spaz you are, they'll never let you in

The thing that upset me most about this was that it could well be true, although I have been assured that academics are all so eccentric that they won't objet to things like daydreaming and my hand-twitch.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Previous

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat