i know what its like

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

i know what its like

Postby Joss1991 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:06 am

does anyone else feel like they just wont one person to understand there problems . Its like when i get angry after i do something clumsy and my parents will say i know what its like and it just anoys me as they dont know what its like they dont have dyspraxic.
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby fuzzy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:00 pm

Yeah I know how you feel! But if you read the 'help i dunno what to do' thread, youll see that my family isnt exactly supportive of my dyspraxia, or, for that matter, anything else! But I do understand where your coming from, I hate it when my frineds get frustrated with me and say stuff like'how do you not understand that? Its so simple' its very irritating because they dont know what its like to be dyspraxic or how much I have to tolerate other ppls ignorance about it. Sometimes I wish my mum could be dyspraxic for one day, or one of my mates; I bet they wouldnt be able to cope with it nearly as well as I do :D

But we all understand how you feel because we all have dyspraxia! :D

Then again, it sounds like your parents are trying to support you as best they can- it might not seem very helpfull right now, but you are lucky to have parents that are at least nice about it (again, read the 'help' thread) im sure that they are just trying thier best :)
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:22 pm

I agree with what Rebecca has said. Your parents are just trying to help and emphasise with you Joss, but they can only see things from the outside. To really understand what's like to have Dyspraxia, they need to step in your shoes, but obviously they can't do that. I've felt the same as you on numerous occasions but I'm sure your parents don't mean to be annoying, they just want to make things right for you.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:33 pm

I have a brother who is dyspraxic, but we don't really talk about it. We sort of have an understanding, though.
I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be "normal". I wonder, for example, what it would be like for left and right to be a simple concept which isn't at all confuing. I just can't gat my head around what that would be like. I wonder what it would be like to be able to dance.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby medrich11 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:05 am

really the only way for someone to feel anything like dyspraxic is to be slightly tipsy-just plain drunk, without all the giggling and inane chatter. Even then it is probably nowhere near how we feel. I thought of this because having seen my dad drunk, he is almost as clumsy as me (emphasis on the almost)
medrich11
Mega Poster

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat