Dyspraxia contagious?

Chat with others about dyspraxia and share your experiences.

Dyspraxia contagious?

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:20 am

the group of people i spend time with are from satilight. satilight is made up of people who cant fit in very well in most places. as you can probebly ges most epople who go have a learnind disorder of some kind, the most common being ADHD. im not intierly sure why but this had lead to some poeple wantiing to have a disorder. prehapes its jelosy? ither way thers some people who have been very angry and have attacked me and others verberly. one girl who has claimed she has Dyspraxia in the past, addmitted that nay probelms she has is becuase of drug abuse at another tiem, and then said she has no trouble like that at yet another time has since been taking a new stance. she was talking to another of my friend who had asked her a questiong her reply "i cant answer right away soory, i have to prosess it, its realy hard, living with some one with dysrpaxia (my best friend) and spending alot of time with another (me) ive been catching some of it and now im having trouble"

i find this increadibly funny! especilay the idea that shes catching Dyspraxia. why would she want it? who no's! its increadible that some on would want to have a disorder! something that would make life more difficult for them! does she belive it will bring her attention? she has no idea! the only attection she would get is negitive for something like Dyspraxia.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:08 pm

Remind her that dyspraxia is not a disease. It is not caused by germs, but by underdeveloped neurones. And as it is impossible for your neurones to leap out of your head and into hers, there is no way on earth that she could 'catch' dyspraxia.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby fuzzy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:15 pm

Maybe this girl just wants to accepted- it sounds like she feels left out from the group because almost everyone has a disorder yet she doesnt. Id treat her as nice as possible, as her actions are probably coming from a lack of confidence and insecurity- maybe you and the rest of your frineds are unconcouisly leaving her out from conversations by disscusing difficulites that you all share? I think that she just wants to be the same as everyone esle, even if it means having a disorder!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby madame_tigre » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:11 pm

Yes, it does sound that girl wants to be accepted in the group.

Maybe when she got asked that question she felt embarassed about not knowing the answer straight away and wanted an excuse.

Perhaps this girl does have a disorder, but has not discovered what it could be yet, or maybe she feels jealous and thinks she's not as intelligent as her Dyspraxic friends and craves a disorder to fit in.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:48 pm

we dont discuss disorders very much becuase people dont like it. i cant see how she can fit into anything, she did well at school, shes good at reading and certianly isnt clumsy or hypoactive. shes got the best social understanding out of every one i know which is part of the reason why although this is funny it also confuses me. but to be perfectly honest i am starting to think that prehapes she getts irritated by things tha she does not understnad. for instance my friend can be very anti social, he runs satilight but is very shut most of the time, once he has focused on somthing he does it fully with no room left ofr anything or any one else, and she has become angry and expresed that she finds him fustrating becuase of this in the past. the probelm shes having is that she has no right to statr yelling at him like she does for somthing she refusees to want to know about. an answer to this would be if she did no, (she likes to understnad any thing and doesnt like it if peopel talk about things she doesnt know about and yells and walks of) like her haveing Dyspraxia, would give her a wright to understnad thouse around her with Dyspraxia ( i have sujested reserching it to her but she said no) and a right to tell them what to do with no exceptiongs, an example would be she would be aboulde to tell pc to stop being anti social that she deals with it and she can so he can.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:55 pm

parnassus

she was reminded that it was not a diseas in the conversation she had with my other friend. she said she know and that she belives that shes absorbing the caracteristincs into her personality
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Hmmm....absorbing dyspraxia? It is possible to abosrb someon'es manner of speech, but not a complete condition.
I think that maybe this girl feels left out. Considering she hands out with people with LDs, she is probably something of an eccentric. However, she doesn't have a disorder. She's just an interesting person. Except many people don't appreciate people who stand out from the crowd. She wants a disorder to explain who she is. She thinks people will make allowances for her eccentricity if she says she's "caught" dyspraxia. The fact that people don't make allowances for real dyspraxics has clearly escaped her notice.
Either that or the whole "catching dyspraxia" thing is sarcasm which you haven't been able to pick up on.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby monkey » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:04 am

both are very possible, either way im going to leave it, she is a very populor girl, she nice, she's just very confussing.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Return to General Dyspraxia Chat