All this about revise, revise, revise.

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Postby Hermionefan5 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Bladen wrote:Cheers for the info. even if I read the questions I can never do any good on the things where you write what you hear, stuff like box ticking is easiest for me.

Good luck with studying! I may be able to help with the history stuff as I am pretty good at that kind of thing (especially American history dates).
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Thu May 25, 2006 5:59 pm

even if I read the questions I can never do any good on the things where you write what you hear, stuff like box ticking is easiest for me.

That sounds to me as if you have a problem processing French sounds. French has a few sounds that don't appear in English and non-native French speakers often find it difficult to tell them apart. French speakers don't use emphasis in the same way that we do, so when I first began to learn French, the words felt as though they were glued together. I couldn't work out where one word ended and another began.

If that is how it is for you, you need to practise listening to basic French sounds. This is the perfect website:

http://www.languageguide.org/francais/g ... unciation/

Listen attentively to each set of sounds and try to hear how they differ from one another. If you can pick up on subtle differences in sound, you will find that your French spelling and listening skills improve a lot.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Bladen » Fri May 26, 2006 4:48 pm

I hear mumbling but it's alot clearer then the stuff on the tapes.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Study Support