Switch to full style
Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.
Post a reply

AS Level ICT?!

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:50 pm

Anyone? no?

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:29 pm

If you need help with ICT, contact Danni. She is fascinated by computers (fascinated in the autistic sense) and she's extremely talented in this area. Providing she's feeling well enough, she probably would not mind helping you.

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:18 pm

Can't be that bad, CLAIT was just basically telling you to show off some skills on Microsoft Office, AS cannot be that bad, unless HTML or any other form of coding is to be learned.

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:09 pm

I'm doing badly in ICT as a result of the dull BORING aspect we do. We do things in Access, I really hope it's more interesting at A Level.

Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Dan wrote:I'm doing badly in ICT as a result of the dull BORING aspect we do. We do things in Access, I really hope it's more interesting at A Level.
that's why I failed CLAIT

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:28 pm

Send all questions this way :D

Just don't do what I did on the GCSE paper- I argued the difference between hackers and crackers, which wasn't on the curriculum. Whoops ;) (As it turned out, it was on CCNA 2, but that's normally taught at university level- only Gateshead College does it with the A-level standard stuff I think.)

If it helps I have a friend doing A Level Applied ICT (the AS and A2 in one year) who can tell me what's coming up on the course. He also says the OCR Certificate we did last year was much harder.

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:43 pm

Danni wrote:Send all questions this way :D

Just don't do what I did on the GCSE paper- I argued the difference between hackers and crackers, which wasn't on the curriculum. Whoops ;) (As it turned out, it was on CCNA 2, but that's normally taught at university level- only Gateshead College does it with the A-level standard stuff I think.)

If it helps I have a friend doing A Level Applied ICT (the AS and A2 in one year) who can tell me what's coming up on the course. He also says the OCR Certificate we did last year was much harder.

LOL! That's funny, I've always wanted to do something big on a paper, for example in my coursework I wrote a huge manual in a very professional way, but no comment on it, also, we were supposed to design a website in Publisher, but I did it in HTML, and I still got no extra marks, stupid curriculum.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:37 pm

My GCSE coursework got deleted 5 days before the official hand in date, and the teacher had lost all my printouts. Unfortunately that meant I couldn't get the A or A* I was predicted, and only got a C on them.

I got a B overall, though I had spent most of the two years teaching and helping the others in my class. Still doesn't beat having to teach sixth formers how to use a scanner, printer and some software back when I was in year 7 (the teacher didn't know how to use them either) :)

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:49 pm

Danni wrote:My GCSE coursework got deleted 5 days before the official hand in date, and the teacher had lost all my printouts. Unfortunately that meant I couldn't get the A or A* I was predicted, and only got a C on them.

I got a B overall, though I had spent most of the two years teaching and helping the others in my class. Still doesn't beat having to teach sixth formers how to use a scanner, printer and some software back when I was in year 7 (the teacher didn't know how to use them either) :)


Hehe, if I actually cared about our curriculum and found it stimulating I could get an A, but I'm really not interesting in our boring syllabus, which is why I'm just gonna stick with a C.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Eeeek I hate the ITC coursework... the deadlines are so mean, and our teachers are awful, not even being told when the deadlines are?! Most of our class have failed too, seeing as the coursework is worth 60 % and we've all done badly on it. We were barely taught any of the things in the exam, causing most of us to fail our mocks too. So no A-Level for me!

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:08 pm

kitty_cute wrote:Eeeek I hate the ITC coursework... the deadlines are so mean, and our teachers are awful, not even being told when the deadlines are?! Most of our class have failed too, seeing as the coursework is worth 60 % and we've all done badly on it. We were barely taught any of the things in the exam, causing most of us to fail our mocks too. So no A-Level for me!


Hey, don't worry, you don't even need GCSE ICT at my college to do an A-Level in it. We have terrible teachers too.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:27 pm

I don't want to do A-Level ICT anyway, I'm just worried it'll effect future career prospects... 'cos it looks good as a qualification. Gahh ihsidjsip ahaha.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:51 pm

The OCR Certificate for IT Practitioners (I did ICT Systems Support) is interesting and actually useful. It counts for either 1 or 2 A levels too. Unfortunately I didn't complete it as I ended up in hospital, but it was really interesting (and only 3 of the units had any coursework- yay!).

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:31 pm

im in my first year of a gcse ICT course and so far have learnt nothing but that the teacher is a complete idiot along with the rest of the department who end up reling on me and a friend to sort the stupid computers. last week he was supposed to be showing us how to create a animated gif only to find he didnt know how to save it, or change the timings.

i hope by next year it has got more interesting if not i might go mad
Post a reply