Complex timetable-aarrgghh!

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Complex timetable-aarrgghh!

Postby Steph » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:03 pm

I have just looked up my third year timetable on the university student data system. Most of it is understandable and easy to follow-I just need to make sure I highlight the first term in one colour and the second term in another but there is one seminar group which runs on alternate weeks with no seminar in between-eg, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 etc-I just know that I will mess up on this big time because I've never had to do it before and I can just imagine turning up on the wrong week-has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can stop this confusion happening?
Steph
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:33 pm

My timetable is nearly always irregular. Inevitably I end up missing a few things here and there, but there are ways to deal with it. For a fortnightly seminar, I suggest that you make a large vertical wallchart. Write the seminar dates down in coloured pen. Write the non-seminar dates down in black pen. After you've attended a seminar, tick off that particular date with the coloured pen. The following week, you will look at the chart and see that the date is written in black. That means no seminar. Tick that off with the corresponding black pen. And so on.

Providing you put the chart somewhere prominent, it should work. You will be able to follow the pattern.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Steph » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestion-will try that!
Steph
Forum God !

Return to Study Support