Switch to full style
Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.
Post a reply

Brain knot!!!!

Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:07 pm

I am in deep doo-doo...

I think i've forgotten how to write essays...

this is what happens when you take a year off academic stuff!

I have a drama essay to write, for tuesday:

"Write a 750 word critical essay analysing the Royal Court's production of Rhinoceros using Pavis's questionnaire. Structure your analysis as an essay. The central purpose of this essay is to practise your skills in systematic theatre performance analysis. Demonstrate that you understand the specificity of analysing performance, as distinct from written text. Focus only on a selection of performance features (for example, acting style, casting, costume, movement, venue or audience address) in order to focus a clear argument about what meaning you think the production produced"

there is something about this question that just makes my head go into a spin when i look at it. I showed it to my cousin, who's just finished a degree in drama and english, and even she couldn't begin to understand exactly what they wanted me to write.

I get panicky with essays as it is, though usually i stomp, flap and hyperventilate over them and they turn out to be okay, but this time...

well, i'm not sure if i'm going to get this one done... :?

Also, my stinking LEA have messed everything up with emails and rubbish like that, so I am still waiting for the study support software I'm supposed to have, and cause i don't have a voice recorder, I'm having to rely on my notes from lectures and seminars, which are totally worthless...

I think i'm just going into a massive mental meltdown!

GAAAAAAAH!

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:41 pm

(hugs) Talk to your tutor about the essay. S/he will be able to help.

Try not to panic., It only makes things worse.

Have you thought of borrowing someone else's notes?

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi there
I would advise you to go to student services if you havent already been.
they will probably be able to lend you a loan voice recorder. if this is not possible talk to your tutors and get them to provide copies of handouts in advance this will help you as you wont feel the need to write everything down.

Hope you are making progress with the essay. if you are struggling still id go see your tutors and explain the situation and attempt to get an extension

hugs
Em
Post a reply