Switch to full style
Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.
Post a reply

How can i get a scribe or use of laptop in exams?

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:01 pm

Ok now this is very awkward... i should have one by now and everything should be sorted but i dont because my main lsa's got in the way of this and says my handwriting's fine and says that my hand pain isn't that bad.

My handwriting is usually illegible unless i write slowly, which in effect makes my wrist and my hand ache very quickly... this is annoying me so much that in exams i usually have to keep taking breaks because my wrist pain is excrusiating.

I know wrist pain whilst writing is a symptom of dyspraxia but i dont think my main lsa does... but then again she says i can cope in the hall for exams when i know i can't.

The only way i managed to get exams on my own was through a doctors note... should i do the same with this or should i get my senco to try and contact the guy who would evaluate me for a scribe?

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:39 pm

I think that you should talk to your SENCo first. Your LSA will be less likely to argue if someone from your school sends your for evaluation. However, if your SENCo won't help, ask your doctor.
Post a reply