Switch to full style
Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.
Post a reply

Exams

Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:54 am

Has anyone else got exams in january? i have. Hows the revision going / if it is.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:57 pm

I got a ton of exams in January too.

As for the revision... it's not happening. I am up to my eyes in coursework that has to be in on Friday, so I have no time to think about revising.

And besides, I normally fail January exams anyway, it's the summer ones I normally scrape passes in.

:D:D

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:59 pm

I have a science retake the revison is non exist
good luck with your exams

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:21 pm

my first exam is tomorrow morning. is a statistics one and the revisions not going well! :s hopefully it will be more okish by tomorrow though :(

:D Lucy

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:25 pm

No exams thankfully although a fair bit of a assignment due that I haven't started as yet. - oops

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I have 4 AS module 1 exams between today and monday(maths isn't modular at our school).

I've just had Biology which was OK
Tomorow I have Chemestry which I'll be resonable at (I am tapping the desk as I type, I hope it's real.)
Friday is Physics, currently my favourite subject, but it may not be afterwrds.
Monday is critical thinking :roll: (We've been reasured by the teacher that the most any of the class can aspire too is a D)

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Had my last uni exam of this term today :D (no more exams till April), i'm very glad they are over even if I do start lectures straight away tomorrow (some people where i live have nothing on this week which is slightly unfair)

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:20 pm

I don't have any exams in January-my first exams are in April/May but I have just electronically submitted my essay that I have done over Christmas. I'm starting to get panicky about getting all the marks back from the essays I handed in last term which should be happening in the enxt few weeks-I really need to do well in them as it's my final year!

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:03 am

my first exam was rubbish. :( because i didnt revise properly. my second exam is tomorrow, and for a harder module than the first. i haven't started revisonyet though :S ! today will be a crazy day i feel! :D Lucy

Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 pm

*hugs* Why didn't you revise? Is it because of lack of organisation, lack of motivation, being confused about the exact dates of your exams, some other reason, or a combination of the above?

Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Cambridge doesn't use the modular system, so all our exams are in the summer. This term we have to write our dissertations. I got a bit panicky this morning when I found that somebody had twenty pages of notes (notes alone!!) and that another person had about three thousand words on paper. All that I have so far are the ideas in my head. However, on the train today I worked out the structure for one of my dissertations and I hope to have it drafted by the weekend.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:00 pm

for the first one i did revise, but not all the topics because of a combination of being ill over christmas and just my own laziness at not starting earlyer. i was just a bit annoyed at that exam due to the main topics of some of the questions being changed.

its so hard to concentrate on revision i find, and trying to get things to stick in my head. the second one i really should have revised more for since its an awfull module. that was part of the problem actually. its harder to revise something you don't like! (although you still should). i did do revision for it yesterday and this morning. (exam was this morning). but it didnt go very well. ah well thats a module i have neither enjoyed nor been good at, and i will be making sure i choose more carefully next semester.

my third exam is tomorrow (thursday) for a subject i like, and understand mainly, and am hoping it will go ok. my fourth is on friday.

i don't think haaving all the exams in the summer would be a fun thing though! at least mine wil be over and done with, and i can do a new set of modules next semester.

Lucy

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:23 pm

We don't have a modular system at my uni. All exams are in the summer.

Good luck to those currently taking theirs at the moment.

Mattie.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 am

I had my developmental psychology exam on Wednesday and have my social psychology exam later today (yes, on a saturday, so unfair!) Developmental went okay, all about developing children so find it really interesting. Had to answer two questions out of six and I chose one about the child theorist Jean Piaget and one about theory of mind and autism.

The social one I am less confident about, so many dates! Need to get off here and do some last minute reading of my notes!

Good luck to anybody else doing exams!

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Good luck.
Post a reply