Stressing out

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Stressing out

Postby Alice » Tue May 05, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm very close to my A level exams and I seem to be spending more time panicing then revising. My parents won't here of me postponing my twice weekly driving lessons, but I'm not prepared for my first exam which is in two weeks. My biology teacher is giving me so much work I have little time for my other subjects (most of which is coursework which she could have given me months ago), and I'm concious that the lost sleep from stress is not going to help me learn.

Does anyone know how I can a) calm down and/or b) revise more effectivley? I really can't face not getting into university.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: Stressing out

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Tue May 05, 2009 8:39 pm

*hugs*
I think you need to stop assumingthe worst. You are obviously doing a lot of work, and you passed you AS Levels, so it seems unikely that you will failto get into university.
I think you should have a short window of time out every day when you do somthing active, like go for a walk. This will clear your mind and help your concentration. Excercise will also make you sleep better.
Is this just temporary exam panic, or do you think this is a longer-term problem that might require counselling?
Also, making a list of what you need to revise and making a revision timetable helps.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Wed May 06, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks.
It's just exam pressure not a long term problem. I will try and take a walk more often (might have to cut short my favourite route though), as my current excercise is just fencing once a week. I had a revision timetable but my coursework sort of ruined it. I will try to make a new one.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby k9ruby » Sat May 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Join the club. ((((((((HUGS)))))))
k9ruby
Site Admin

Postby heathy555 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:43 pm

gd luck to everyone doing exams all you can do is ur best

i have 2 exams soon n im really scared
heather Lyons
heathy555
Mega Poster

Postby Andy » Fri May 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Just sat my Higher Maths yesterday it was a nightmare. Guess I wont be doing the course I wanted cos I only got a conditional acceptance need to pass the maths :cry: :cry:
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri May 22, 2009 7:57 pm

*hugs* It may have gone better than you think. If not, there's always clearing.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Alice » Sun May 24, 2009 3:56 pm

My stress levels haven't been helped by the past week. The physics practical may as well have been called the fine motor skills exam, and my Mechanics retake was awful.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Sun May 24, 2009 5:04 pm

*hugs* Try not to focus on the past. Just stick to the task in hand.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby C » Tue May 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your exam worries. I know exactly how you feel as was very stressed about my final year Uni exams (I had my last exam today). My little sister is currently doing her A-levels as well and she's very stressed too.

When I was revising I really panicked and it felt like nothing I did was enough sometimes :cry: I think the important thing to remember is that all you can do is your best and work hard... and once you've finished each exam try to forget about it and concentrate on the next one! I know it sounds awful but you can always retake them and often University's will accept people through clearing if the exam grades aren't as good as you want.

It is important to revise thoroughly and study hard so you may have to prirotise things and be tough with people, maybe cutting down to one driving lesson a week just for the time being. Of course, relaxation and having a break from study is important as well though. I remember I had to be really tough with people in the end, I work part time as well and often felt like I had literally no time at all.

Good luck with the rest of your exams.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby nathanw-j » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 pm

camomile tea helps me to relax
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
nathanw-j
Splendiferous Member

Return to Study Support