Oh my word I start uni in less than 2 weeks!

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Oh my word I start uni in less than 2 weeks!

Postby k9ruby » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Basically what the title says!

I thought I would update you all on the situation as I am very aware I have not been and posted on DT for ages.

I got into Stafford to do my Web Design course (And I found out at 5.54 in the morning on online ucas track- I emmitted quite a noise that morning that led to half my family drinking bucks fizz at that time in the morning and jumping like insane people round the kitchen screaming!).

I got a B in IT (Although I got As for my coursework - 93/100 for my web design module to be precise!)

I got a C in media (Although in my essay exam where I deliberatly answered the *wrong* question because I found it more interesting - I got an A in it and got 93/100 (again!) and a B for my comparative critical anaylisis exam)

I got a D in product design. Normally I would be gutted, but I was pleased as I was convinced I had got a U. This was due to my teacher giving me over 80 points to improve in under 48 hours.

I am 90% excited and 10% terrified now. I can't remember if I told you this but I attended a summer school (3 day residential) and although I was very nervous at the time, it underlined the fact that I have made the correct choice. I met loads of lovely and understanding people, who love to talk about computers all the time :P I even made some good friends that even put me on the train back :)

My room is full of stuff for uni, and it feels amazing, so surreal that in less than 2 weeks time that the effort and work I have put in the for the last 4 years has paid off.

I have got some of my DSA stuff - GET YOUR ASSESMENT DONE WELL IN ADVANCE. MINE TOOK 5months to process and I won't get the rest of my equiptment until wednesday.

DSA wise I am quite pleased about - they are going to provide:

- Laptop (old one died :( )
- Rest breaks
- Seperate room
- 25% extra time
- Multifunction Printer w/OCR
- Ergonomic keyboard and mouse
- Memory stick
- USB hub
- Port replicator
- Mind mapping software
- Outlook for organisation
- Warrentys/insurance etc for the equiptment for 4 years
- Dictaphone
- Trekker Breeze
- Wall planner
- Pencil grips
- Voice recognition software
- Microsoft office 07
- F secure antivirus
- and quite a lot of other stuff I can't remember!

So I am v.v.v.v. pleased!

I will also be eligable for a carer through social services for things such as getting around unfamilar places, chopping veg, planning, shopping etc.

The DSA are also considering subsidising some of my travel expenses, which I am keeping my fingers crossed about which I know is unlikely to go through.

It feels as though everything is finally coming together and I am soo excited! :)
k9ruby
Site Admin

Re: Oh my word I start uni in less than 2 weeks!

Postby Philip » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Good luck at uni and fantastic results you got in A levels.
Philip
Splendiferous Member

Return to Study Support