Wandering Writing?

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Wandering Writing?

Postby Kirbster12 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:46 am

Recently, one of my friends has been teaching me how to write properly, particularly using italic writing. This is all very good, but now,b when I write, I switch from my usual chicken scratchings to doing a couple of words in barely legible italic, then back again! I'm just wondering if anyone else can relate to this. Allthough my writing is mostly readable, I really have trouble with consistency!
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Re: Wandering Writing?

Postby meiglebratz1 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:53 pm

i am like this a lot. it helps to write spaced out when you arent writing for school or anything. i use a space between every letter l i k e t h i s. i find with a few lines it becomes neater :) i hope this helps
meiglebratz1

Postby AnandaThePanda » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm

I can definitely relate to this, I'm always switching between joined up and non joined up. Perhaps a lack of consistency is one of the signs of dyspraxia, or the overlapping disabilities such as dyslexia.
AnandaThePanda
Super Poster

Postby CharlotteVanity11 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:26 am

my writing is pretty bad and if you find writing difficult also , try a fountain pen, these are a lot easier for me it seems strange but they do help a little, this could be because they focus on mainly a point in which you are writing and they do not cover a high amount of surface area, also my fountain pen is heavier at the end this also helps me write if I don't have lines it helps my writing stay straighter than without the pen my friend who also has dyspraxia uses a fountain pen after I told him to his writing has also improved from when using a ballpoint pen :) hope this helps :)
CharlotteVanity11

Postby 07williamsdj » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:01 pm

My writing lacks consistency as well. Sometimes it is pointy but allot of the time it is a sort of scrawl... Sometimes the way I do letters changes inexplicably, like my f's being a loopy one instead of a liney one (if that make sense). Reading over my work I end up thinking "since when have I done my f's like that!!!!"
07williamsdj

Return to Study Support