How about science? Anyone into science here?

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Postby monkey » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:49 am

i loved biology in school. my faviorate part was molecular genetics, and i like looking into the aguments for and against evolution. i could never understnad what my teacher taught me in science i could see his lips moving but couldnt work out what he was saying, so i got bord and admit to spending nearly every science lession in my own world. i did how ever manage to pass science just fine. i hated chemistry had an interest in physics but gave up on that in fusrtation because of the lack of any information on the topic that i could understand. i think in some ways when it comes to Dyspraxia theres a bloock between whats happening around you with people talking and you talking and reading and all that and whats happening inside your head. the problem is getting the stuff on each sides of the blocks to the other sides. its like trying to sign information through a windo thats closed with the curtains drawn the informations not going any were but getting traped.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:41 pm

That's a perfect description of what it feels like. It's a bit like playing that complicated game with a Rubic's cube - it takes a frustrating age to get the squares aligned, and when you've finally cracked it you can't understand why the secret evaded you before.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

science

Postby Joss1991 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:08 pm

i forget the words or get the words from the diffrent sciences muddled up as i have the same teacher in the same room for all three. But i hate experiments as my hand always seems unsteady and everything just goes wrong.
Joss1991
Splendiferous Member

Postby parnassus » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:53 am

I agree - experiments are frightening! I used to be petrified of even striking a match to light the Bunsen burner. Burning objects make me very nervous, as it is so easy to drop things. I was forced to become a little more confident around fire as I need to make votive offerings in church, but I'd still rather steer clear completely.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby C » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:35 pm

I hate fire too. It's weird, becaause my sister is a complete pyramaniac (not seriously), she likes fire and lighting matches and stuff. I can't even light a match for fear of being burnt!
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby fuzzy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:48 pm

Fire is fun! I liked the theory of chemistry at school but hated the practical side- I smashed soooo many test tubes I dunno how I got through the Higher! I was gonna do biomedical sciences at uni, but realised that there wasnt much point, as nearly ALL of it was practicl, you know, lab work and stuff... so I switched to history- no nasty bar stools there! :D
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby rita » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:11 pm

love science. science=magic. it's the most maddeningly mysterious thing sometimes. i love exploring which is why dislike the scientific method( even though it's a necessary evil :x ) i think it hamper those intuitive leaps tha can more often than not contradict the scientific mehod. i know for a fact that many scientist are ratehr lenient with it, except when it comes to proof; that's paramount.
rita
Advanced Member

Postby medrich11 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:23 am

I dont know why but I hate biology but love both of the other sciences.
medrich11
Mega Poster

Postby C » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:45 pm

I'm the exact opposite. Biology is okay but I hate chemistry and physics
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby fuzzy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:10 am

Me too- especailly physcics! Dont get it AT ALL!!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Previous

Return to Study Support