Studying more than one subject!

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Studying more than one subject!

Postby ohpandahat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm finding it almost impossible to study more than one subject at a time!

I'm doing psychology and biology A Level aswell as a maths GCSE. Because I have medical problems, there are times when I am simply not well enough to study / attend college. I try really hard to work from home though.
I know how to split my time and have a revision schedule, i've tried just doing one subject a day but i'm finding it so difficult to cope with, learn and fully understand more than one subject at a time!!!

If I had known I was going to have this problem then I would have done just one subject at a time, but done it intensively (over 1 year instead of the usual 2) I think that way, although there would be lots of work I wouldn't be trying to overload my brain with totally different subjects!

I managed to do several GCSEs at once, although I dropped a couple and did badly in a couple - but with A Level it seems impossible! Plus, doing badly really knocks your confidence!

Does anyone else have a similar difficulty?
ohpandahat
Super Poster

Re: Studying more than one subject!

Postby wadey » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:35 pm

I hope you soon sort your studing out soon and that you do well. It seem a long time since I did my my G.C.S.E and I didn't do very well as I found studying hard. It might be a good idea to speak to your tutors as they can give you other ideas on how to study which you may find easier, when i had to study for a test at college one of my tutor suggested I make and use 'flash cards' which I found much easier then just reading, and writing it down trying to take it all the information.
wadey
Site Admin

Return to Study Support