Disappointed about results

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Disappointed about results

Postby Kirbster12 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Today was judgement day
Everyone was either super-duper confident, or convinced they were going to fail. Now, normally, my results are of a pretty good standard. I'm not the top, but I'm not right at the bottom either.
Anyway, I got my results for Mayhs, Chemistry and Physics modules that I'd done before the holidays.
Maths: C (Not bad, considering how much of a failure I am anyway.)
Chemistry: B (All right, really, but I'd have preferred an A..)
Then...Physics.....E...
Yes, you read correctly....A bloody E! I'm so disappointed with myself....I thought I was OK at Physics, but apparently not...
And to make matters worse, everyone else got As and A*s and I'm just feeling so bloody thivk at the moment. I reckon I got the lowest nark in the whole year, and some stupid pricks were getting upset because they'd got As and not A*s.
My grandfather's a physicist....He'll disown me when he gets the chance....
(Sorry for the rant and language, but I'm just feelng like complete **** at the moment)
What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring. ~ Sherlock :)

City Council would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park...
Kirbster12
Forum Master

Re: Feeling depressed about my results...

Postby galexy96 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Don't beat yourself up about it too much. A similar thing happened to me when I was meant to get an A in physics but got a D instead a few months ago. Don't think that you are thick either, maybe you were just having a bad day that day. I think the best thing to do is to not dwell on it too much, look at where you may have gone wrong, talk to your teachers, try to improve on your areas of weakness and resit if you can. I know it's a horrible feeling when something like this happens, but try not to feel too bad about it.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Steph » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

I am sorry to hear that, Kirbster. Everybody has bad days sometimes and it doesn't mean that you're less intelligent than your classmates. I hope you feel less upset about it soon.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wadey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:10 pm

sorry to hear this, but i am pretty sure that your grandfather will not disown you ~ i bet he be more then happy to help you with physics! maybe talk to your tutor about the test and see what they were looking for.
wadey
Site Admin

Re: Disappointed about results

Postby Remus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:51 pm

I am really, really sorry for changing your title, Alice. I saw you had made two copies of your topics which can easily happen so I went to merge the two together but accidentally merge both of them into a completely different topic! I've managed to separate them again but I couldn't remember the topic title exactly so I had to generalised, really sorry about that! :oops:

Anyway, I agree with the others. I know it's difficult not to be hard on yourself but we all have times where we don't do as well as we hope but it doesn't mean you haven't try as hard, you may be just having a bad day or letting the pressure get to you or just being really unlucky with that particular exam with the certain questions. I think you should be proud of yourself regardless. I personally always say anything is better than a fail or ungraded in my book.

Go see your teachers and talk about what you are unsure of, what are your weaknesses within the topics and see if you cannot resit it. I'm sure your grandfather won't disown you, just because he is a physicist doesn't mean you have to be great at it too. Everyone has different subjects they are good at. Personally I hate physics. Biology and chemistry sure bring it on but physics, I'm running for the hills screaming, lol. :P I hope you feel better about it soon.
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Study Support