UCAS

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

UCAS

Postby kat95 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Hello everybody. Just a question about UCAS. Did anybody mention dyspraxia on the ucas form. On one of the sections it says do you have special needs and there is a category for specific learning difficultities eg dyslexia dyspraxia. But there is also another box below that saying please give details of any special needs ie what arrangements you will need. Is it worth telling the university now or waiting until you are even sure that you have a place. Hope this makes sense a bit tired.
Thanks
Katie.
kat95
Mega Poster

Re: UCAS

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 pm

I honestly can't remember what I did. I think I did, but can't say for certain. I don't remember saying what arrangements I need though. but I might have just forgotten.

I know I had to have another assessment at some point to find out what stuff equipment would give me to help. (I what you get depends on what the assessor's like - I got some stuff that another guy with Dyspraxia in my year didn't, but would have benefited from - as well as what your individual needs are).
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:29 pm

I disclosed my dyspraxia and Aspergers on the UCS form. I didn't put anything in the special arrangements box though as I thought they meant access arrangements for open days or university interviews such as needing ramped access if you were a wheelchair user which wasn't relevant to me.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Remus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:52 pm

I always get stumped on that box too whether it be UCAS or an application for a job with me being undiagnosed officially. It's always difficult to know what to put.
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Study Support