Mirror Writing.

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Postby Creative » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:39 pm

That was interesting. I think that both myself and my mother suffer from this. She is getting a dylexic assesment done by the college and I am getting one too.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Black_Haired_Angel » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:53 pm

parnassus wrote: I had already had a test for Irlen Syndrome (a colorimetry assessment) that can be performed by an optometrist. If you are curious about this, Dan, you could try finding one in the Yellow Pages. They are sure to abound in London.

btw wat is this test liek coz im meant 2 be gettign one doen after i come back from my holiday!!
You toke the fall and thoguth of me above all
Black_Haired_Angel
Super Poster

Postby carebear15 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:26 pm

my niece use to write backwards and i asked a teacher at my church. if that is dyslexic and if it is something to worry about and she said it is nothing to worry about, kids go through that stage and they do that until 1st or 2nd grade i think she said, and so they will learn to write the right way, so i seen my niece mirror writing, so never worry about it , just take it one day at a time, and keep calm about things and I had a boy in my class in 11th and 12th grade that has dyslexia and he was in my english class with us, so i understand what dyslexia is and I know alot about this.
I read up on all this stuff and i know more about this stuff then my school work and academic learning so it can be a surprise that and i also can sound words out , and even when they are so hard and i try very hard to say the word right and It surprises people in my sunday school class, and there is words they don't even know and i even told a boy what the word is , when he was having trouble with a word and everyone was surprise and i have never corrected anyone on how to say the word the right way, so it is very surprising to me and i am a very special person, I have a mind of my own and i learned that in 11th grade.

I am give you advice, To get plenty of rest and to eat a good breakfast and make sure you are alert and that you can be able to think and try the hardest you can and show how good you can do.

I don't understand what alot of that stuff means but i feel that they should give you are results from the testing and also how they score everything and what scores mean.

Good luck on the testing.

I don't like test because i take forever to get something down and also it is tiring to write alot.

A girl told us in speech therapy that how she got in the Learning disability class, is because she was failing and doing bad in school and she just played it all so she acted like she didn't know how to do the work and she really does know how to do the work and so she played the system and i think that is wrong what she did. So you will run into people that play off that they have a disability and really don't have one.
carebear15
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby sumer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:08 pm

i do it all the time i tought it was normal
sumer
Forum Master

Postby Black_Haired_Angel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:10 pm

hey got the date for my testing and its next wednesday morning!
Black_Haired_Angel
Super Poster

Postby kitty_cute » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Nope, Im just awful at mirror writing.. it makes my brain go into knots and I get all anixious and it takes me agggeeesss.
Japan ! ^_^ <super kawaii>

No PM'S please unless it's urgent =]
kitty_cute
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby parnassus » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:21 pm

Don't worry, Kitty. Mirror-writing is not exactly a useful skill, and it isn't one you should be torturing yourself to learn.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Black_Haired_Angel » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:27 pm

hey

i got tested for Irlen Syndrome and i have it i fetl so relieved when i'v realsied the problem now!!

and i have a dely of 20% when readin words (this was tested with tiny 3 lettered words) on white paper without blue/green lenses.

gettin my glasses in 6 weeks time!!
Black_Haired_Angel
Super Poster

Previous

Return to Study Support