Stressed about Geography Retake

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Stressed about Geography Retake

Postby kat95 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi guys. Sorry I seem to be posting in Study Support a lot recently. Anyway I have a geography retake for an as exam coming up in just under two weeks and I am incredibly worried and panicking about it. I just had a massive meltdown and I just do not know what to do about it. I have been revising for it over Christmas but now the date is nearing I seem to be stressing and panicking about it a lot. I have four full days to do revision before I go back to school for a week and I am really struggling to figure out how to spend the days with regards to revision. There are four major topics in the exam but each topic is long. So far this week I have spent a day each on two topics and although some things seem to be going in, I think I will definitely need to go over those sections again. Can anybody help me with regards to creating some sort of timetable or structure to my day so I do not get overwhelmed. i have tried working in 45 minute slots with 10 minute breaks on a timer but i have a tendency to get distracted in my breaks and it takes me a while to get into the revision mode so 45 minutes is often not long enough to get things done. I hope this makes sense just feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

Thanks
Katie
kat95
Mega Poster

Re: Stressed about Geography Retake

Postby _robyn_ » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:51 pm

I have to revise for my French exam which is in about a week. Weirdly enough I have found when I eat at lot of apples or fruit I have a better work ethic. So you could try just eating healthily and drinking lots of water, it might help with nerves as well.

Also, for a routine, when I revise I usually plan a time table (because making time tables is just fun ) and unlike you I don't go by times but what I plan to revise. So I will say to myself, once I finish revising one certain topic (lets say affects of over and under population) then I can play 2 songs on guitar hero. Then I go to back to revising, I revise another certain topic then once I have finished I can walk to the shop and get a fizzy drink.

So, I found having some sort of 'reward' for after I revise a topic it makes me concentrate more. And it doesn't mean I keep checking the time while I revise to see if I can have a break yet.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Mariella01 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:58 pm

At school they always tell us to revise in 20 minute sessions and that we remember the first and last things we revise, so 3x20 minute sessions retains 6 pieces of info. They also say to repeat it to yourself 5 times to better remember it. hope that's some help, good luck!

note: i used that method and still failed my maths GCSE, so it doesn't work for everyone :D
Mariella01

Postby Mariella01 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm

whoops, just realized that you said you exam was under two weeks away, and I've posted over two weeks later, so I've been no actual help. Sorry, hope it went OK :)
Mariella01

Return to Study Support