Revising for French

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

Revising for French

Postby nataliekirkland » Wed May 08, 2013 3:39 pm

I've got my French GCSE exam on Monday (reading and listening) and I don't know the best way to revise. I try going over vocab, and I've done some past papers in class but it doesn't go in. Anyone currently doing\ has done a language and have any ideas of how to revise?
nataliekirkland
Mega Poster

Re: Revising for French

Postby Steph » Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 pm

It's been a LONG time since I took my GCSE French (10 years ago this month!) but what I found really helped me was that the French assistant at my school had recorded his voice answering questions on typical aspects of daily life so that we had exposure to the native French accent. I listened to the tape daily and it really helped the accent stick in my mind. I don't know if this would be feasible for you but I know that it helped me to get an A so it really worked for me. Good luck on Monday-I hope it goes well.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby nataliekirkland » Thu May 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks, I will try that
nataliekirkland
Mega Poster

Postby _robyn_ » Sun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I have my French speaking mock tomorrow, which I am dreading. Even if I did know the French the whole 1 to 1 conversation makes me feel anxious enough when talking in English.
Good luck in your exams, I wish I could give advice but I'm really bad at French.
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Remus » Thu May 16, 2013 12:51 pm

I hope the exams went well for both of you! :)
Remus
Site Admin

Postby nataliekirkland » Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 pm

The French went ok,though I found some of it really hard, like everyone else,so hopefully they will lower the grade boundaries.I also had RE and Biology- the RE was easy and Biology ok and I managed to get the answer to a question that everyone else found difficult due to a pond I have in my garden
nataliekirkland
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Thu May 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I am glad your exam went OK, Natalie.
Steph
Forum God !

Return to Study Support