French speaking exam

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

French speaking exam

Postby _robyn_ » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Well, my french speaking mock is tomorrow (actual exam is next week) and basically I am freaking out.
I have already done a speaking exam before (we have to do 2 on our gcse course) and well I had a complete meltdown. It is frustrating because if it were a writing I would have no problem- even though my writing is impossibly slow I can just learn it through muscle memory (it is basically a memory test) and even though I know the french it is still stressful. I always freeze up and no words actually come out of my mouth- I don't like talking to people usually. In french 1 on 1 is a nightmare.
does anyone have any advice on how to try say calm? as that was the main problem last time- a horrible cycle of, stressed, forgets french, makes mistakes, gets more stress e.t.c
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Re: French speaking exam

Postby nataliekirkland » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:38 am

Stay calm and keep relaxed. It may help if you practice first with friends or family so you get used to talking in front of people, I found it helped me as I was nervous but I was used to practicing it in front of someone. When it comes to the real exam, try to imagine that you are just practicing and you should be fine.

Good luck!
nataliekirkland
Mega Poster

Postby rawr » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:06 pm

I know bro. Total disaster last time i got freaked and forgot and a lisp and my teacher is creepy eh just horrible felt like crying, and i dont cry. Got a D! :oops: :( got mine next friday. I got a range of c-f on writing.
Dreading it! I think I might make it up on the spot this time instead of thinking $*€% what did I forget. :shock: good luck to yah 8)
rawr

Postby rawr » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Woop now it wednesday, and dont know a word of it.
rawr

Postby Steph » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Sorry that I am too late to offer any advice on this, Robyn, but I hope it went well for you.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby _robyn_ » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:54 pm

That's fine :)
and I was actually incredibly lucky. My biggest worry about the exam was when my teacher asked an unprepred question because every time it always throws me off and I forget what I'm doing. But right before the exam I asked my friend what her unprepared question was and she told me what it was and how to answer it. Then my teacher happened to ask me the same one. So half my joy about actually passing is sheer dumb luck but it is nice that it is over and I think I got the A i need :D
_robyn_
Mega Poster

Location: I got 20% in geography- so even if I did know I bet it would be wrong.

Postby Steph » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:42 pm

That's good, Robyn :D
Steph
Forum God !

Postby rawr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Yeah well done. I weren't so lucky
rawr

Postby Paddington » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Congratulations
I wish my German had gone that way:
unfortunately I was ill the week that they were doing the actual speaking and because of being ill I couldn't learn it. Next week still not having fully recovered ( I had two bug one after the other and because of my chronic fatigue/ other stuff I recover at a snails pace) I just about made it in the next week believing because of extra time I could learn it then but was not given it :( But was informed by a friend I was expected to do it in that German lesson and so failed to learn any of it. I went into the mock not knowing any of it and probably pronouncing many words wrong ( I hadn't encountered half the words before I did it and since they were long and unusual they of course decided to play switcharoo) luckily she allowed me to have it in front of me and since it was only a mock. I think I proudly failed that one :)
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas Edison ( dyspraxic entrepreneur)
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
Paddington
Mega Poster

Return to Study Support