getting behind at college

Stuck with your schoolwork? Post any questions or queries here and we'll all try to help.

getting behind at college

Postby kitty123 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi,
I have recently been quite ill and as a result i have missed a lot of work. I now have lots of work to do and i can't get it all done before the deadlines, its just impossible. I tried emailing my teachers and explaining that i have been ill and couldn't do much work. However they just said that i still have to hand it in on time like everyone else.
I have lots of work to catch up on as well as all the normal work i get.

Has anyone got any ideas how i can catch up and get back on track, I am really struggling and don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Kitty123
"dyspraxia made me who i am today without it life would be boring (the little lifts you get when you manage to to an simple "everyday task like pouring juice without spills )" [/color]
kitty123
Super Poster

Re: getting behind at college

Postby Steph » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:21 pm

I don't really know what to suggest, Kitty. I think your teachers were out of order not to grant you extensions on your work considering you have been ill. Try and do as much as you can but don't make yourself ill again stressing about it (although I know that's easier said than done!) Speak to your SENCO and explain how much you are struggling and maybe get your parents to plead your case with the school too as I think it is hugely unfair to expect you to keep to the deadlines when you have been ill.
Steph
Forum God !

Re: getting behind at college

Postby wadey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Sorry to hear that.....If I were in your situation I will do the essays which you find easier first before tackling the harder ones....I will also go and find the teachers of these subjects and again explain to them face to face that you been ill and show them how much work you have
wadey
Site Admin

Return to Study Support