Pajamas you wore when you were a kid :)

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Pajamas you wore when you were a kid :)

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:12 am

This is random, I know. But as you know or may not know, I am a very random person. :) I was looking at the jammies I am wearing tonight and I remembered a few of the ones I had as a kid. They were talking about old t-shirts on the radio today so I thought I'd ask what your favorite old jammies were. :)

When I was little I had these two piece footy pajamas with these things called "Popples" on them. They were green and the "Popples" were like little bears with plastic noses filled with candy-colored things. Their noses were almost like those little poppers that babies push around and they have the different colored balls in them. Anyway, I wore these from when I was about five until I was eight or so. I loved them! They were one of many hand-me-downs I got as a middle child, but I didn't care.

Around age eight I also had a nightgown with rainbow colors on it that twirled around beautifully when I moved in a circle. And I also had a little "101 Dalmatians" nighty with Perdita and some of the puppies on it. :) I loved that movie so I always was wearing it at night.

When I was eight or nine I had these summer PJ's that looked like Princess Jasmine's outfit in "Aladdin" except they were purple. They had a picture of the princess on the front and were really sweet looking.

At eleven I was a baby for Halloween and since my mom always either made our costumes or had us buy something we'd wear a long time as our costume, she bought me a pair of one-piece Mickey Mouse PJs.

And then I had to grow up and I got my lovely pink pants last summer with a white shirt. I like them too. :) I've had so many good PJ sets over the years...:)

What have you had?
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: Pajamas you wore when you were a kid :)

Postby Qasim » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:32 am

What a random topic!

I had Stingray, Batman, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pj's. Now I just wear regular t-shirts and joggers to sleep in.
Qasim
Mega Poster

Postby Steph » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:26 am

I had a pair of Pocahontas pyjamas which I loved-that was when I was seven/eight. I also had quite a few from the Little Miss selection and just other novelty ones with animals on. To be honest, even now, almost all of the PJs I own are novelty in some way (have phrases on, brightly patterned etc).
Steph
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:58 am

I had a Tinkerbell nightie, a pair of orange checkered pyjamas with little apricots on them, a chicory blue nightie with flowers, and some pink Beauty and the Beast pyjamas. I was never keen on the Disney pyjamas for some reason - I preferred them to be quite plain with no pictures of people.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Hermionefan5 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:41 pm

What up, Vicky? You rock. :) Just wanted to say that. Anyway, I wear plaid pink ones from Victoria's Secret's "Pink" collection. The pants are nice and long and very comfy. They have dogs on them and the shirt is just a plain white shirt from Target.

I also have ones with gumdrops on them and ones with frogs. The frog ones are from Old Navy and the gumdrop ones are a pant and shirt set from Victoria's Secret. :) They are very fun. My sister and brother-in-law also bought me a pair of kind of old fashioned pin striped ones for Christmas this year. As you can see, I love pajamas very much. :)
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby fraser » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Ooh, I had red Lion King ones - they were sooooo cool!
fraser
Forum Master

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:37 pm

fraser wrote:Ooh, I had red Lion King ones - they were sooooo cool!

Awesome. :) I love pajamas. I would stay in my pjs all day if I could. I have many pairs and always have to remind myself that I don't need any more pairs when I see some cute ones at the mall.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bladen » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Pffffft.
What happened to the hardcore pajama peeps!
I wore Power Rangers pajamas as a kid! *wins*
:lol:
You might know me one of these aliases:
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Bladen wrote:Pffffft.
What happened to the hardcore pajama peeps!
I wore Power Rangers pajamas as a kid! *wins*
:lol:

Cool. As I am a girl, I did not really have the opportunity to wear "Power Ranger" pajamas. But I had a lot of Disney and cartoon PJs. I even had a Coca-Cola shirt which was pretty amazing and a California Raisins T-shirt. I wore the Iowa State shirt which used to be my dad's and also the one from my uncle's auto body business.

I had Mickey, Jasmine, Popples and "101 Dalmatians" and they all kicked all the other girls' pajamas' butts, let me tell you. So I win in the girls' category. Bladen wins in the boys' for sure with a second from the kid with the "Lion King" ones.
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby tears_on_a_pillow » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:33 pm

punky Brewster
nightmare
thundercats
alvin and chipmunks
denver last dinosaw

prob showing my age here:p
tears_on_a_pillow
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby monkey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:54 pm

i loved denver the last dinosaw. :) that was a brilaitn programe. i always thoguht it was denba.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:44 pm

I used to love wearing silky pagamas, especially this one pair I had with a manerin colar (I think that's what it's called) and I've allways liked fleacy ones.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hermionefan5 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:58 pm

My old Park District Soccer shirts. :) Scooby Doo boxers and an orange t-shirt, these bear pajamas that my aunt and uncle gave me. The bear ones came with a little teddy bear I had for years. :)
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:02 pm

I used to wear Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes PJs. :)
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:27 am

Funny I had Lion King ones too I loved them
Andy
Splendiferous Member

Next

Return to Fun Forum