Blogs

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Re: Blogs

Postby fraser » Tue May 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Just started: http://frasermckay.blogspot.com/
Only two posts so far, both relating to a talk I did at Kilmarnock College. I'm going to add more soon though, and I intend to start blogging fairly regularly.
fraser
Forum Master

Postby kerrianne92 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:42 am

I decided to start a blog :) http://kerrianne92.blogspot.com/
They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, We will be victorious - Muse
kerrianne92
Mega Poster

Postby Remus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 pm

I know this is an old topic but saves me from making a new one. Any new bloggers? I don't know that many good ones, everyone starts blogging and then quits.

I've being searching on Blogger for interesting blogs but it is mostly families on there.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 pm

I have wanted to start a blog for a while (about food mostly with possible tangents into interesting patterns I've spotted in stuff and knitting) but am time pressured enough as it is at present. Mabye next year.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 am

You should Alice, it's good fun and very relaxing to write about things going on. I have to admit, it is time consuming.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Syrons » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 am

Looking at a screen trying to think of a sentence to write for an hour, with also trying to make it make sense for other people to read. Wouldn’t seem me like my forte and I would never get anything done in a day... That why I do not write or read “I do read magazines” it can be bad enough on here for me trying to write something sensible without me being very short like speaking like a 11 year old like I normally do in normal life or trying to fix every spelling and not finding the word, I want to use as I spelt it so incorrectly, it can take me an hour to write a paragraph sometimes... That’s why I ended up giving up on coursework when I was at school, if I actually did bother I would of mentally broke down anyway... As It would of took me to do the coursework, absolutely no sleep and then go back to school, which I didn’t at the time seem healthy or any point in making myself feel even worse than I was already at that time in my life...
Syrons
Mega Poster

Postby Alice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:42 am

Syrons wrote:Looking at a screen trying to think of a sentence to write for an hour, with also trying to make it make sense for other people to read. Wouldn’t seem me like my forte and I would never get anything done in a day... That why I do not write or read “I do read magazines” it can be bad enough on here for me trying to write something sensible without me being very short like speaking like a 11 year old like I normally do in normal life or trying to fix every spelling and not finding the word, I want to use as I spelt it so incorrectly, it can take me an hour to write a paragraph sometimes... That’s why I ended up giving up on coursework when I was at school, if I actually did bother I would of mentally broke down anyway... As It would of took me to do the coursework, absolutely no sleep and then go back to school, which I didn’t at the time seem healthy or any point in making myself feel even worse than I was already at that time in my life...

I would like to say that if it's your own blog pepole won't question your spelling etc. Unfortunately some pepole are kind of pathetic like that (I have commented on bloggers spelling/grammar but only when it's ironic because they've been going on about it). However, I don't think you should care about that.

But if you have nothing to say or not enough time or just don't want too, then your right, why bother. I don't have a blog and it's not adversly affecting my life.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:16 pm

True, sadly there is some people out there who just love to correct other people's mistakes even though they are not perfect either. Personally though I couldn't give a stuff if someone took the mickey out of my spelling or grammar, it's just immature.

I love blogging personally, even though I haven't done one in like a week! :P But that's just because it's half-term and I'm being lazy. I find it makes for a great venting system and blogs make for such good reads, you learn a lot about people.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Alice » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:07 pm

http://calculuscupcakes.blogspot.com/
lets see how this works out
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Remus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:02 am

I check out your blog, Alice. Pretty cool. You are a master of cakes.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Macha » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:24 am

http://blog.webicity.info

Totally unrelated to dyspraxia, it's about gaming and programming. Mostly programming lately.
Macha
Forum Master

Postby Alice » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Remus wrote:I check out your blog, Alice. Pretty cool. You are a master of cakes.

lol. I wish. However, it is something I'm good at considering my level of experience and problems with multitasking and fine motor skills.

Some day I hope to be really, really good at cooking like my Grandma who does legendary sponges, or my Mum's patient who makes the best roulards and quiches ever, or my aunt who does all sorts of interesting recipies. They all have 40 to 70 years on me though so I'm not comparing myself directly and I think I'm in with a chance if I practice.

My flatmates say they feel guilty eating my cakes because I buy ingridents and then spend time preparing them. This makes very little sense to me since I got the enjoyment out of making them and half the ingredients are ASDA smart price or own brand since whoever is in charge of stock in the local ASDA assumes if you want to cook from scratch it's because you can't afford not too.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby JamesStanley » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:02 pm

I will try to go onto my blog often ive only got it the other day but i like it i can just write what ever is on my mind
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Fun Forum