facebook....

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Re: facebook....

Postby Creative » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:10 pm

I've joined most of the dyspraxia groups. I am still enjoying it so far! :)
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 pm

I seem to be spending a lot of time on Facebook. I can't believe how many friends some people have got!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby justme6565 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 pm

I spend a lot of time on Facebook....

Does anyone here join causes, because there is a "Dyspraxia Awareness" cause.
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Postby Creative » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:55 pm

There is a Dyspraxic Teens facebook group and lots of other dyspraxia groups. I've jined most of them.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:02 pm

If people from DT add me on facebook then can they please send me a message as well so I know who they are?
Creative
Forum God !

Postby parnassus » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:11 pm

I like Facebook less and less. When I first joined it was a university networking site that allowed you to keep up to date with what was going on at your university. (It was very handy for me in my face-blindness - before seminars I used to look up participants' names on there and try to familiarise myself with their faces.) Then it became a more general social networking site, and I was happy because it let me keep up with friends from school and Saudi. Then the developers started adding all these peculiar games and applications, involving farm animals and zombies and goodness knows what. I started getting bombarded with hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of messages urging me to join a vampire-killing crusade or to adopt a virtual pet maggot. A couple of weeks ago I decided that it had all got too much and pared down my profile. Now people can just use it for sending me messages and alerting me to interesting goings-on. If anybody sends me an invitation to operate a virtual cafe or join the Facebook mafia I may have to shoot you.
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby Creative » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:46 pm

I can see that would be very annoying Vicky. I've only recieved 2 requests to play games so far which I ignored.
I have enjoyed joining all the different dyspraxia groups and have made a few more online friends.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 pm

parnassus wrote:I like Facebook less and less. When I first joined it was a university networking site that allowed you to keep up to date with what was going on at your university. (It was very handy for me in my face-blindness - before seminars I used to look up participants' names on there and try to familiarise myself with their faces.) Then it became a more general social networking site, and I was happy because it let me keep up with friends from school and Saudi. Then the developers started adding all these peculiar games and applications, involving farm animals and zombies and goodness knows what. I started getting bombarded with hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of messages urging me to join a vampire-killing crusade or to adopt a virtual pet maggot. A couple of weeks ago I decided that it had all got too much and pared down my profile. Now people can just use it for sending me messages and alerting me to interesting goings-on. If anybody sends me an invitation to operate a virtual cafe or join the Facebook mafia I may have to shoot you.

I know exactly what you mean. I have 15 status updates sometimes with only 2 being valid. I love your sense of humour!
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm

I don't like random people who try to add me. If it is people who I have spoken to online before on here or the Facebook dyspraxia and AS groups and I know them, then I don't mind but I have just received a random friend request from an Egyptian guy who looks about 40. He sent me a message telling me that I was beautiful and we should become friends. I clicked "Ignore" to that one.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Rosie-posie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:26 am

creative i have added you to facebook.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby Piers1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 am

Last edited by Piers1 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Piers1 wrote:if you type in Piers Callant, it will come up with John Smith, this guy meditating.... Thats me.

Piers if you keep annoying people about facebook then they will be very reluctant to add you or accept you.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Cynamon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:59 pm

parnassus wrote:I like Facebook less and less. When I first joined it was a university networking site that allowed you to keep up to date with what was going on at your university. (It was very handy for me in my face-blindness - before seminars I used to look up participants' names on there and try to familiarise myself with their faces.) Then it became a more general social networking site, and I was happy because it let me keep up with friends from school and Saudi. Then the developers started adding all these peculiar games and applications, involving farm animals and zombies and goodness knows what. I started getting bombarded with hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of messages urging me to join a vampire-killing crusade or to adopt a virtual pet maggot. A couple of weeks ago I decided that it had all got too much and pared down my profile. Now people can just use it for sending me messages and alerting me to interesting goings-on. If anybody sends me an invitation to operate a virtual cafe or join the Facebook mafia I may have to shoot you.

I normally try to skip the invite stage, unless there's someone I think will enjoy the quiz/game etc. But sometimes the applications just send them on their own. That really annoys me because I know that some people don't WANT the invites.
Cynamon

Postby Creative » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 pm

The invites are begining to annoy me now! But in general I am still enjoying it. :D
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 pm

I still like Facebook but I don't like it as much as I did. I addedd this girl from a dyspraxia group and found out that she's not dyspraxic but her boyfriend is. Then I found out she'd joined a chroinic fatigue syndrome support group so I sent her a message. It turned out she didn't remember joining the group but we sent a few messages and got to know each other a bit. Then I enjoyed joining all the facebook groups and saw that she had joined loads so I spent a bit of time on her homepage seeing what she'd joined and joining groups. Then she deleted me as a friend. I was a bit upset about that but the next day I got a friend request from her so she was on my friends list again. I still like joining groups so I joined the ones from her groups that interested me. I replied to some of her status updates. Now she's deleted me again.
Creative
Forum God !

PreviousNext

Return to Fun Forum