facebook....

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Re: facebook....

Postby galexy96 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I want 2 join the dyspraxic teens group on face book but it says in the discription that u need 2 include your DT username but i don't know how to send the creater a message or anything. Can the creater just add me please.
Last edited by galexy96 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galexy96
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Alice » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

parnassus wrote:I like Facebook less and less. When I first joined it was a university networking site that allowed you to keep up to date with what was going on at your university. (It was very handy for me in my face-blindness - before seminars I used to look up participants' names on there and try to familiarise myself with their faces.) Then it became a more general social networking site, and I was happy because it let me keep up with friends from school and Saudi. Then the developers started adding all these peculiar games and applications, involving farm animals and zombies and goodness knows what. I started getting bombarded with hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of messages urging me to join a vampire-killing crusade or to adopt a virtual pet maggot. A couple of weeks ago I decided that it had all got too much and pared down my profile. Now people can just use it for sending me messages and alerting me to interesting goings-on. If anybody sends me an invitation to operate a virtual cafe or join the Facebook mafia I may have to shoot you.

Why don't you just use the "hide aplication" button? That's what I do.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:09 pm

I just tried to play Fish World and got confused. :? Do you play any of the games on Facebook?
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Piers1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58 pm

I wouldn't play those games. They steal your personal information and companies use it.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby C » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm on facebook too! I joined a few years ago and only because my friend was obsessed with it at the time. I didn't really think I'd get into it, but I go on it loads now! I think it's a great way to keep in contact with people, although I don't really 'speak' to many of my facebook 'friends.' I also think there can be privacy implications... my profile's on private for example, but I know my dads girlfriend didn't like it when I posted pictures of my half-brother on there. Also, I don't like the fact that one of my friends whose profile is on public could tag me in a picture and anybody could see it...
Loads of my family are on facebook and my mum and dad both recently joined. I added them both as friends, although sometimes worry I might accidentally write something I don't want them to see!
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Hennerz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi, I've recently tried to join the facebook group for Dyspraxic Teens & it says I have to post my username with my request to join but as soon as I click join it just sends the request and doesn't give me chance to put Hennerz in, anyone know how to get round this problem?
Hennerz

Postby LeonaCharissa » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:50 pm

im really addicted to facebook too. especially to updating my status..... :oops:
LeonaCharissa

Postby chez123 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:37 pm

I set up a group on facebook called dyspraxia add it
chez123

Postby Alice » Fri May 07, 2010 8:07 pm

C wrote:I'm on facebook too! I joined a few years ago and only because my friend was obsessed with it at the time. I didn't really think I'd get into it, but I go on it loads now! I think it's a great way to keep in contact with people, although I don't really 'speak' to many of my facebook 'friends.' I also think there can be privacy implications... my profile's on private for example, but I know my dads girlfriend didn't like it when I posted pictures of my half-brother on there. Also, I don't like the fact that one of my friends whose profile is on public could tag me in a picture and anybody could see it...
Loads of my family are on facebook and my mum and dad both recently joined. I added them both as friends, although sometimes worry I might accidentally write something I don't want them to see!

Yeah, I regret adding my Mum since she can get offended if I post about anything relating to her. I'd never put anything personal but occasionally I nearly put "'s mum won't shut up about her room" or something. Or sometimes someone will coment about my room or something at uni and she'll be annoyed at me.

You can untag pictures of yourself, and they can't be retagged after that. Unfortunately, pepole who recognise you may wonder why you untagged yourself.

For some reason my Mum can't access photo's I've been tagged in, which was the whole point of adding her. I'm tired of having to stop in the middle of experiences I'm enjoying to provide photographic evidence so that she can scrap-book it.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby haemopath_bro » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am

i love facebook. i use it for apps and to chat with people
marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu marukaite chikyuu boku hetalia
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby Fenrir » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:29 pm

I like FB...nice to keep in touch with some people from school whom otherwise I might hardly see now we've finished.

Sent a request to join the DT group...it didnt give me an option to put a message for my username though, but my first name's Daniel. Should narrow it down :P
Fenrir
Super Poster

Postby haemopath_bro » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:05 am

if you want to be facebook friends with me search anna stewart and it's me with a backdrop of japanese people
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby haemopath_bro » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 am

haemopath_bro wrote:if you want to be facebook friends with me search anna stewart and it's me with a backdrop of japanese people

i also sent a request to join the group
haemopath_bro
Mega Poster

Postby 07williamsdj » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:15 pm

I used to play the big games allot but now I just chat to a few friends (I don't speak to most of the people on my friends list) and play arcade games on mindjolt. I have also joined the DT group (thanks lucy for excepting my request), im Daniel Williams.
07williamsdj

Postby billy15uk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:29 pm

hi i have a facebook account and it good and my link is http://www.facebook.com/billycoolkid1995 :)
Visit my voting website http://www.pollsfun.com.

You on vote on Fun Polls about entertainment/music/sports and lots more.
And you can make new friends around the world and talk about anything in our chat room.

We have over 100 Fun Polls to vote.
billy15uk
Forum Master

PreviousNext

Return to Fun Forum