The Funny Side To Dyspraxia :-)

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

The Funny Side To Dyspraxia :-)

Postby mattlovesjess » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Ok So i was just thinking has there been any Dyspraxia related moments in your life that was annoying at the time but when you think back now it makes you laugh? i just thought this would be a fun thread to have :-)

ill Go first :-P

A few Years back it was my friends birthday and i got him a card and i got it home to write it. i wrote his name on the emvolope and when i gave it him he opend it to find...IT WAS BLANK, I FORGOT TO WRITE A MESSEGE IN THE CARD!!!
(Plus His Name Was Written Upside Down On The Emvolope :-P)

Not a very funny story i know but its all i could rememberat this prosise moment lol
mattlovesjess
Forum Master

Re: The Funny Side To Dyspraxia :-)

Postby Spoon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm

I remember this guy who I liked asking me out and me saying yes and us linking hands and walking back to our friends (he'd taken me off to ask me) and it was really cheesily romantic....and then i walked in to a table.
Spoon
Mega Poster

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Spoon wrote:I remember this guy who I liked asking me out and me saying yes and us linking hands and walking back to our friends (he'd taken me off to ask me) and it was really cheesily romantic....and then i walked in to a table.

It's a shame nobody was filming it! :p
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 pm

This is kind of dyspraxia related but mainly AS related but it's still a funny story looking back. I have always had problems with taking things literally but when I was younger, they were a lot worse. I was always really slow at getting ready for school and it used to really annoy my mum. One time, when I was eight, I was in the middle of getting dressed when my mum came out of her room briefly and said, "Do your teeth now-you can get dressed in the car". When she said that, I assumed that she wanted me to undress, do my teeth and then get dressed in the car-it never even struck me that this was a strange request. She went back into her room and I stripped naked and then cleaned my teeth. Then I just stood there on the landing naked with my school uniform at my feet waiting to get into the car. My mum came back out of her room, saw me naked on the landing and was absolutely furious, thinking I had done it to be defiant! At that point, I had not been formally diagnosed with AS-we were still in the diagnostic process so they did not realise that taking things literally is associated with AS in many people. At the time, I was very upset as I could not understand why she was so angry at me for doing what she had asked but I can laugh about it now and my mum always brings the story out at family occasions.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby mattlovesjess » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Steph wrote:This is kind of dyspraxia related but mainly AS related but it's still a funny story looking back. I have always had problems with taking things literally but when I was younger, they were a lot worse. I was always really slow at getting ready for school and it used to really annoy my mum. One time, when I was eight, I was in the middle of getting dressed when my mum came out of her room briefly and said, "Do your teeth now-you can get dressed in the car". When she said that, I assumed that she wanted me to undress, do my teeth and then get dressed in the car-it never even struck me that this was a strange request. She went back into her room and I stripped naked and then cleaned my teeth. Then I just stood there on the landing naked with my school uniform at my feet waiting to get into the car. My mum came back out of her room, saw me naked on the landing and was absolutely furious, thinking I had done it to be defiant! At that point, I had not been formally diagnosed with AS-we were still in the diagnostic process so they did not realise that taking things literally is associated with AS in many people. At the time, I was very upset as I could not understand why she was so angry at me for doing what she had asked but I can laugh about it now and my mum always brings the story out at family occasions.
lol i somtimes do things like that like taking things literally does that mean i mite have AS? lol like 1 time at work, there was a costomer complaning there food was taking too long and i asked my boss what i should tell him and he said (sarcasticly) 'tell him too f**k off else ill spit in his food.' without a second thought, i went to tell him oooops! lol
mattlovesjess
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Ooops-sounds like something I would probably do (although I am getting better at detecting sarcasm in peoples voices now). Dyspraxic people can take things literally too so it doesn't necessarily mean you have AS.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Rosie-posie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:50 pm

was with a friend and we we were getting onto a ride at a theme park in a lake and i lost my footing and ended up in the lake was very :oops: at the time but had a good laugh with my friend about it.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby kerrianne92 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Me and some of my friends went really hyper one day when we was all at the park and we decided to stand on the swings as there was no one else around but us. they all managed to sand on it without falling, but then it was my turn. I managed to step up and onto the swing seat then trip over my own foot wile trying to turn around to face my friends and I fell off and ended up face down in the wood chips lol
They will not force us, They will stop degrading us, They will not control us, We will be victorious - Muse
kerrianne92
Mega Poster

Postby mattlovesjess » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:21 pm

kerrianne92 wrote:Me and some of my friends went really hyper one day when we was all at the park and we decided to stand on the swings as there was no one else around but us. they all managed to sand on it without falling, but then it was my turn. I managed to step up and onto the swing seat then trip over my own foot wile trying to turn around to face my friends and I fell off and ended up face down in the wood chips lol
Sounds like sumin id Do :P

OMG so embaresing at work yesterday lol i was taking some food to a costomers table and when i got to the table i tripped lol but there wasnt anything to trip over i just lost my footing and went flying and to food went everywere lol i was embaresd and annoyed with myself at the time but thinking about it now it was proper funny lol on the bright side if you come to the cafe where i work, you dont only get great food...you get free comedy! :-)
Mattie_199106@ hotmail.co.uk

www.bebo.com/falloutboyrule2k7
mattlovesjess
Forum Master

Postby Bladen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Danni suggested I post it in this thread but this just epic and horrifying at the same time, I got terrible luck and doesn't help i'm a raging stampede constantly. I can make myself hyper at any time if the time is right in my eyes, great for being a ninja.

So story is I was trying to do a few jumping and flying kicks, I landed one on my friend but I landed quite awkwardly, I'm not the most elegant on my feet as it is, poor ankles! So I landed on the slant of my foot, NOT flat, so it decided to cave over.
Twisted ankle, lots of pain, lots of laughing and I managed to fall over almost (used my other foot to keep upright).
Its happened before but the story behind it is laughable as its my own fault. :lol:
You might know me one of these aliases:
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Creative » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 pm

I had to go to the bank for my voluntary work once and I got muddled. I had to go up some stairs to pay the money in and after I had done so I couldn't remember where the stairs I had come up were. So I went down the wrong ones and ended up in a fire exit. I had to come up them again and people in the queue were staring at me. They must have thought I was really stupid!
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Bladen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:56 pm

I should add that I frequently trip over dodgy pavement slabs where one is higher or lower than the other, it hurts a lot when you stub your toe, mkuch more than you'd thin X_X.
Lamp posts are also a worthy foe of mine, remnants of my face remain on many of the local lamp posts.
You might know me one of these aliases:
Spyke, Shoden

if not, well.
blah.
Bladen
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby HairyLemon » Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Getting confused when doing the YMCA.
Imagination is more important than knowledge
HairyLemon
Mega Poster

Postby MR banana » Sun May 10, 2009 9:29 am

I remeber one time when i was getting ready for school i put my boxers on the wrong way.When i realised i put my boxers on the wrong way half,way into school I had to go into one of the cubicles and take my trousers and boxers down it was really embarasing :oops: because there was like 12 people in the boys toilets but nobody saw me do it.
MR banana

Postby Danni » Sun May 10, 2009 10:14 am

More than once I've arrived at college to discover that my clothes are the wrong way around- so far I think I've caught it before anyone else has noticed :P

I keep forgetting things that I need, like my pencil case when I have maths. I also forget little things like appointments, and to take my medication (whoops). So far nothing too bad has happened because of my forgetfulness.
Purple penguin resistance member
Danni
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Fun Forum