The Funny Side To Dyspraxia :-)

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Re: The Funny Side To Dyspraxia :-)

Postby MR banana » Sun May 10, 2009 8:59 pm

I remember one other time when i forgot to bring my pencil case to school.But someone let me borrow there pencil.There was also another time but I am not sure if this has anything to do with dyspraxia but when i was walking to my way home from a lesuire center with a friend i bumped into 2 lamp posts.I was surprised because i know the street so well(probaly because my house is in that street)
MR banana

Postby Remus » Sun May 10, 2009 9:59 pm

MR banana wrote:I remember one other time when i forgot to bring my pencil case to school.But someone let me borrow there pencil.There was also another time but I am not sure if this has anything to do with dyspraxia but when i was walking to my way home from a lesuire center with a friend i bumped into 2 lamp posts.I was surprised because i know the street so well(probaly because my house is in that street)

I would definitely say that has something to do with dyspraxia, I have bumped into a lamp post a few times.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Mon May 18, 2009 10:43 pm

kerrianne92 wrote:I managed to step up and onto the swing seat then trip over my own foot wile trying to turn around to face my friends and I fell off and ended up face down in the wood chips lol

That reminds me of the time my friend and I went on the swings behind our school on our way home, and i somehow managed to end up upside down (and i was sitting down). i held on for a bit, but eventually lost my grip and fell on to my head.

Danni wrote:More than once I've arrived at college to discover that my clothes are the wrong way around- so far I think I've caught it before anyone else has noticed

At leasat you both noticed before anyone else. When i was a fairly new cadet - in my 1st or second year in the air training corps - we went to the air traffic control station at swanick. We had mini-bussed all the way up there, had the talk/presentation, had a go at the training simulators and were in the main control room before anyone one of the guys pointed out that my jumper was on backwards. There were so few of us that i think our whole group were then when he pointed it out. :oops:
since then, I have always checked that the label is at the back.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Had a funny moment today! There was a guy doing the house interview (where you spend an evening on a house to see how you interact with the students) because he is applying to be night staff and he said how he was interested in seeing the farm we have on site. I was asked to go with him and 3 students. Usually I just follow other members of the staff to the farm but I was sure I knew the way! We ended up getting horribly lost and this guy who had only been on site for a couple of hours ended up getting out his site map and directing me who has been there for almost 6 months! :oops: We still couldn't find the front entrance so we had to go back to the unit because it was supper time and, when we got to the medical centre, this guy turned to me and said, "You do realise we've just gone round in a circle for an hour and a half!" Luckily he was good natured about it! When we got back, another member of staff said he had been considering sending out a search party for us :lol: Just shows how bad my sense of direction and memory for routes is!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby supercool » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 am

MR banana wrote:I remember one other time when i forgot to bring my pencil case to school.But someone let me borrow there pencil.There was also another time but I am not sure if this has anything to do with dyspraxia but when i was walking to my way home from a lesuire center with a friend i bumped into 2 lamp posts.I was surprised because i know the street so well(probaly because my house is in that street)

Well, I forget my pencil and pencil case ALL the time. I also forget books, homework and forget time! I forget to get out of the shower and stay in there way too long.....and i fall over my feet all the time. i laugh alot though.
supercool

Postby darkrose287 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:58 pm

I got changed after work and put my top on inside out....fortunately i got back into the toilets before nobody noticed.
And I think ive walked into plenty of lampposts..
darkrose287

Postby madame_tigre » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:35 pm

My sense of direction is so bad that it's impressive!

I got lost twice at infant School which is amazing as it's so small. The first time was when I was trying to wash my hands after I did somehting arty and somehow ended up in staffroom. The other time was when we were supposed to walk to the nursery from our classrooom and I was put in the lead as I was the oldest but I forgot what we had to do, so I just started walking in circles! The other kids and the teacher thought it was really funny though!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Bliss-Helena » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Things like this happen to me ALL the time! However, I think that the most impressive one of all was when I was in year 8. It was half term and we were staying in an apartement near the beach in Dorset. There were about 80 pretty steep steps down to the beach and one day, while we were walking down them, I got annoyed because my cousin was walking too slowly. I decided go around him by stepping on a big tree stump that was nearly level with the steps. I put one foot on it before losing my balance and flying spectacularly into the air before landing and cracking my leg on the corner of a step. It turned out that I had a pretty bad break and had to have surgery. It has turned into something of a family joke now, and the tree stump has been forever christened as 'Bliss's Stump', much to the amusement of everyone!!
Bliss-Helena

Postby satine22 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:16 pm

my life is filled with falling over! In my school year book under me it says "Little miss Forgetful... Most likely to be... on her bum" :D i think the most embabrassing thing was recently at my nan's funeral i was really proud of my self for doing a reading but then i was expected to lead the kind of the first row out but i managed to get lost and try to enter the chapel lol. It made everyone laugh though!

Also i had a week long assesment on a small island in order to do a gap year and a major part of it was making a presentation. The first thing i did (literally before anyone knew my name) i stood at the front and just fell flat over a chair. Luckily everyone thought it was funny so i think the assesors didnt care (to be fair we later had to climb a hill where i fell over 13 times! then we had to scottish dance which was a huge problem for me so i think that my co-ordinaton wasnt a main worry)

:D luckily i really odnt mind (except if i hurt my self!)
satine22

Postby satine22 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:04 pm

ohhhhi i forgot to add a while a go some study skills people came to our school. to illustrate multi tasking they taught my whole year to juggle. This guy started making promises that we would all be able to juggle after this three hour session. Well it clearly wasnt gonna happen with me, i did try explaining to our group leader but he just said theres no such thing as cant. Well because he was so sure of himself i decided to show him how amazingly bad i am at co-ordination (the pe staff are well awear of this and stopped to watch this poor man try to fullfill his promises). he did eventually give up but it was very funny bless him because i cant catch one ball with two hands or throw in a straight line so there was no way i was gonna do it in three hours.
satine22

Postby chocolatefudgecake » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:57 pm

not sure if this is dyspraxia related or not, but last week i was on holiday in Ireland and i managed to walk into a hanging basket. it was embarising, especially as it happened right next to where a lady was talking to a guy doingthe road works and they both laughed. but, to be fair, i was also laughing.
-ChocFC-
A badger! a badger! My Kingdom for a Badger!
chocolatefudgecake
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby wm1995 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:31 pm

I did rowing for quite a while at school, and somehow every week I'd manage to fall in. I didn't mind though, but when we were pushing the launches out the river I might slip, or once when we went out on singles I was so bad at keeping the boat steady that I capsized four times in one hour! I'm forever putting my clothes on backwards.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby abi » Wed May 12, 2010 5:05 pm

last friday, i walked into a dicth, i still have the bandage on my wrist.
when i landed, i sat up, and said in the most sarcastic tone possible 'i think the word for that is ow'
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby James Brimer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 pm

I can definitely say i've got to know a few lampposts in my time. I go around in nice big heavy walking boots so I often trip over :mrgreen: . It wouldn't be that bad, had I not apologized to the lamp post :mrgreen: .
James Brimer
Forum Master

Location: 4 dimensions, The Universe, Galaxy: Milky Way, Earth, U.K.

Postby AndrewCook95 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Omg I've had some amazing moments with my dyspraxia:

1) I was getting into the bath once and I realised (after getting in) that I still had my socks on
2) My mum asked me to stir the bolognese she was cooking, so I went downstairs and ended up waiting for the tumble dryer to finish because I forgot what I was being asked
"You said that we'd be forever,How could you kill me and lie to my face? Now that we can't be together, there's just no hope for a final embrace"- Your Betrayal, BFMV
AndrewCook95
Forum Master

PreviousNext

Return to Fun Forum