Favourite Children's Tv Programmes

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Favourite Children's Tv Programmes

Postby Creative » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:26 pm

What did you watch when you were younger? I watched Grange Hill, Byker Grove and Arthur. I have never liked Tracey Beaker.
Creative
Forum God !

Re: Favourite Children's Tv Programmes

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Postman Pat and fireman Sam were my favourites when I was really little. I also had a video of Watch with Mother ( kids' show from the 50s) which I watched obsessively.
And who could forget Pokemon Cartoons?
I still like some kids' TV now (The Secret show, IN the Night Garden, Pocoyo, Young Dracula... I probably watch more kids TV now than when I was a kid.)
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:58 pm

I saw some of Grandpa in my Pocket the other day on CBBC. It looked quite good.
Did anyone used to watch Wishbone ages ago on Channel 5? I loved that. On my walk to the library there is a dog that looks just like Wishbone.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:31 pm

I wasn't that really into TV when I was in primary school-I preferred to read books in my spare time. Those I did watch and liked were Grange Hill, Art Attack, Newsround, Blue Peter, The Queen's Nose and that one about the witch called Mildred Hubble who, looking back, was obviously dyspraxic! I can't remember the name of that one though-it was a book series too and I read all the books. She could never get any of her potions to work correctly and she was really disorganised and clumsy and had a best friend she used to always go around with. It's annoying me that I can't remember it now!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Steph wrote:that one about the witch called Mildred Hubble who, looking back, was obviously dyspraxic! I can't remember the name of that one though-it was a book series too and I read all the books. She could never get any of her potions to work correctly and she was really disorganised and clumsy and had a best friend she used to always go around with. It's annoying me that I can't remember it now!

It was "The Worst Witch". I remeber the books, but not the TV show.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Ah that's the one! Thanks, Esther.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Yes I think Mildred is obviously dyspraxic too. I don't remember the TV series but I recently read 2 of the boks in the toyroom where I volunteer. I like those books. They are very funny! :D
Creative
Forum God !

Postby pinkparrot » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Pokemon, Oakie Doke, Clangers, Spider, Rosie and Jim, William's Wish Wellingtons, Playdays, Balamory, Shoe People, Maple Town, Wizadora, Huxley Pig, Little Clowns of Happytown, Pingu, Funny Bones, Snoopy, Sesame Street, Arthur, Digimon, Power Rangers, Dora the Explorer, Storymakers, Boogie Beebies, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Fifi and the Flowertots, Fireman Sam, Noddy, Teletubbies, Thomas the Tank Engine, The Fimbles, The Doodlebops, The Wiggles, Come Outside, Mona the Vampire, Horrid Henry, Dangermouse, Henry's Cat, My Little Pony, Care Bears, Angelina Ballerina, Bump, Elmer, Mr Blobby, Muzzy, Strawberry Shortcake, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd and Eddy, Baby Looney Tunes, Xaolin Showdown, Batman, Totally Spies, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Kids Next Door, Foster Home for Imaginary Friends, Rugrats, Tweenies, Smarteenies, Little Bear, Andy Pandy, Miffy, Biker Mice, Winnie the Pooh, Bob the Builder, Tracy Beaker, Dennis the Menace, Worst Witch, Bodger and Badger, Chucklevision, Max and Ruby...but I can't stand The Wombles, Handy Manny or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Ancilla sum xx
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Remus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:51 pm

I always remember being up on Saturdays morning watching the classic cartoons. Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo was always some of my favourites. I used to love Pokemon and Digimon too. My all time favourite though is the anime Monster Rancher, I've been catching up with it recently and it just brings back some great memories. Love the theme song and the character and the plotline.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby madame_tigre » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:52 am

I liked Blue Peter, Rugrats, Sesame Street, Playdays and Chucklevision.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Steph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Ooo Chucklevision-I loved that too! "To me, to you!"
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Rosie-posie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:43 pm

sooty was amazing, watching old episodes now on youtube makes me laugh more than it did then. I find sweep hillarious lol.
Rosie-posie
Mega Poster

Postby monkey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:07 pm

I watched the soudn of music over and over so many tiems my mum gave it back to nana adn asked her nto to lend it again. :)
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:25 pm

I used to do that with Sleeping Beauty. I remember my dad would take me to the video rental place and I would choose that video every time, until he banned me from watching it.

I loved that bit where the fairies try to make the dress and the cake.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby MontyDyspraxia » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:18 pm

Hilltop Hospital, Arthur, Rosie & Jim, Teletubbies, Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids, My Parents Are Aliens, Tots TV, Recess, Playdays, Art Attack, Pingu (he was God when I was little :lol:) Rugrats, The Worst Witch.
"When we kiss, it feels like a flying saucer landing" ~ Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BethGoth15?feature=mhee
Check it out, I dare ya ;)
MontyDyspraxia
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Fun Forum