Characters with Dyspraxia

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Re: Characters with Dyspraxia

Postby Cynamon » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:50 pm

I said this in a different thread, but Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter books. I think he's dyspraxic.
Cynamon

Postby Cynamon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Also, what about Nymphadora Tonks from the same books. They're always saying how clumsy she is.
Cynamon

Postby supercool » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 am

what about Kramer from Seinfeld?!! His sense of humour, lumsiness and the way he falls of a wall when he is just standing is very dyspraxic!
supercool

Postby Miwa » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:44 am

Oh, Neville. I always relate to him. And he also shows us that with more self-confidence, we're capable of great things too. I love that message <3.
I sometimes think Luna Lovegood looks a little dyspraxic,, in some ways. Like the world she created for herself, or how she's always daydreaming or not focusing on what's going on (like when she comments a Quiddich match and talk about the shape of a cloud... XD) I love her so much !!
I never thought Tonks could be, but it makes sense, she's quite clumsy isn't it ? I don't remember well ! But I like her too, she's so funny ! And... She's an Auror ! Again, something really great for us.

And about Susan Mayers, I agree so much, she's also a little akward in social situations. That's why I relate so much to her <3
Miwa
Super Poster

Postby madame_tigre » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:49 am

Mr Bump and Little Miss Whoops from the Mr Men and Little Miss series.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Miwa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:01 pm

I just thought of it but Tohru Honda from Fruit Basket may be dyspraxic XD
Miwa
Super Poster

Postby Cynamon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Yeah, the episode where Yuki, Kyou and Shigure are going back to the main house for New Year, Kyou and Yuki are talking about her bumping into things, falling down stairs and forgetting things like running the bath etc.

She sounds very Dyspraxic.
Cynamon

Postby Steph » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:18 pm

I used to think that Robbie Jackson in Eastenders was dyspraxic as he was clumsy and had a tendency to take things literally like when Peggy told him that there was a girl just around the corner for him and he started leaving the pub to look around the corner! That sounds like something I would do!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Also, when Elliot Hope first appeared in Holby City, I thought he seemed dyspraxic because he was so absent minded and his desk in the office was really cluttered and he could never find anything! Also, when Connie first saw him, he had spilled the entire contents of his baguette all over the floor and it was all over his jacket and she said, "The man can't even eat properly!" On second thoughts, he is a cardiothoracic surgeon so he's not likely to be dyspraxic as thinking of myself rooting about in someone's chest cavity terrifies me!
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 am

There were 2 twins ages ago in Byker Grove called Adam and Luke and Luke had dyspraxia. I couldn't understand how they were indentical twins but only one of them had dyspraxia and the other twin was really good at football! Does anyone remember that?
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Steph » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 am

I don't remember it but maybe Luke had acquired dyspraxia?
Steph
Forum God !

Postby Creative » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:32 am

Maybe he did but they never said that. Adam used to help Luke do up his shoelaces. Luke was a really clumsy eater and used to spill things a lot.
Creative
Forum God !

Postby Thirteen-thirty-seven » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:40 pm

I said this somewhere else, but Odysseus:
1. He forgot to sacrifice to Poseidon. The gods of Ancient Greece could be almost as vicious and implacable as the Student Loans Company and anyone who displeased them in any way was liable to be killed in a nasty way and/or turned into something unpleasant. Only someone with an impaired memory would forget to keep the gods on side.
2. He spent ten years getting lost. They say it was because Poseidon cursed him, but the truth is obvious – he was one of us!
3. He lost track of the passage of time to such an extent that he spent a year on Circe’s island before he remembered he was meant to be on his way home.
4. He was very good at finding creative solutions to problems. Whilst everyone else tried to win the war by physical force, Odysseus made the Greeks win with his wooden horse idea.
5. He was extremely determined. Most people would give up after 10 years of war and 10 more years trying to get home. Not Odysseus.
Thirteen-thirty-seven
Forum God !

Postby mattlovesjess » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 pm

id also say Claire from 'My Wife And Kids' cuz shes always falling over lol
Mattie_199106@ hotmail.co.uk

www.bebo.com/falloutboyrule2k7
mattlovesjess
Forum Master

Postby Steph » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:18 pm

I just thought of another really obvious one-Abi from My Family. She was always really disorganised and really accident prone. She was socially awkward too.
Steph
Forum God !

PreviousNext

Return to Fun Forum