why are aussies soo cool?

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

why are aussies soo cool?

Postby Piers1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 am

Why are Australians so 'cool'? Is it the fact that we have interesting animals like Kangaroos? What is your idea of an Aussie? Just want to get a rough idea... heehe (This is my first topic post :-) )
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Re: why are aussies soo cool?

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:20 am

First off, I have two uncles living in Australia and I have been there not long ago.

The aussies are the biggest pack of sore losers on the planet and if they are not winning in sports they go mental and alot of the time they lost fair and square.

Also they eat their own national symbol and they are a nation with a high population of alcohol drinkers.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Piers1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:31 am

Kangaroo is produced only from free ranging wild animals living on land owned by people and not produced by organised farming. This policy has been criticized by some wildlife activists but on the other hand, the kangaroo harvest is supported by a wide range of professional ecologists in Australia. Groups such as the Ecological Society of Australia, the Australasian Wildlife Management Society and the Australian Mammal Society have position statements in favour of kangaroo harvesting. Such groups argue that basing agricultural production systems on native animals rather than introduced livestock like sheep offers considerable ecological advantages to the fragile Australian rangelands. Kangaroos are protected by legislation in Australia, both state and federal. Kangaroos are harvested by licensed shooters in accordance with a strict code of practice. Meat that is exported is inspected by the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS).

Kangaroo meat is high in protein and low in fat (about 2%). Kangaroo meat has a very high concentration of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) when compared with other foods. CLA has been attributed with a wide range of health benefits including anti-carcinogenic and anti-diabetes properties, in addition to reducing obesity and atherosclerosis (high blood pressure).

Kangaroo meat has been exported since 1959. Seventy percent of kangaroo meat is exported, particularly to the European market: Germany and France. It is sold in supermarkets in England and used in Russian sausages. In 2008, the industry is worth around A$250-270 million a year and provides around 4,000 jobs in Australia.

MAIN ARGUMENT: Kangaroo farming is a more environmentally friendly meat industry than sheep or cattle farming since kangaroos require less feed than placental stock, are well-adapted to drought, and do not destroy the root systems of native grasses.

It tastes tender and nice too so what is possibly wrong with eating our emblem?
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Piers1
Forum Master

Postby Remus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:16 pm

I have never been to Australia but I have had friends and family go over there and say it's a very beautiful country although they say the people over there are quite racist.

As for the whole kangaroo meat, I'm not even going to comment on it as being in the animal care industry, I think people can imagine what my opinion would be on it.
Remus
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Piers, I was in the zoo in Sydney opposite the city and I went to my uncle look there is a kangaroo because I hadn't seen one before and he turned around and said they were pests. Another person said that hunters get paid 1 australian dollar for every kangaroo they kill.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:45 pm

I loved Australia when I went there. I mainly stayed in Melbourne but went to Sydney for a bit too. However, I have also heard that some Australians have a tendency to be racist, like Remus said. One of my close friends, who is black, went to Bali with his Danish ex girlfriend when they were still together. He said that the majority of tourists there were Australian and that he used to get a lot of hassle out in the restaurants in the evenings because they didn't like the fact he was with a white girl. However, it's wrong to generalise a whole nation of people-most of the Australians I met were perfectly decent, friendly people.
Steph
Forum God !

Return to Fun Forum