Maths and Science Vs. The Arts

This is the place to post jokes, play story games etc.

Do you prefer Maths and Science or The Arts?

Maths, Science, etc.
45%
English, Drama, etc.
38%
Depends
7%
No Preference
10%

Total votes : 29

Maths and Science Vs. The Arts

Postby wm1995 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Do you prefer Maths, science and other similar subjects or subjects such as English?

I personally prefer maths and science because they have a straightforward answer which can be reached with logic, but I wonder if that's just me.
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Re: Maths and Science Vs. The Arts

Postby Steph » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:27 pm

I definitely preferred English and the humanities based subjects when I was at school. I struggled with Maths, particularly anything involving shapes, space and sequencing-it took me 3 attempts to pass my GCSE with a C grade and I only really liked Biology out of the sciences at school.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wm1995 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Steph wrote:I only really liked Biology out of the sciences at school.

That's really weird... out of all the sciences, I like Biology the least (Partially because there is so much to learn, partially because the questions are quite open ended). Did you prefer physics or chemistry, if you had to choose between them?
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby Steph » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Phsyics-I never understood Chemistry! I think what you say about Biology is the reasons why I liked it. I like things that require wordy explanations as this is where my brain is strongest. An educational psychologist once said to me at an assessment I had in Year 6, "It's like one side of your brain, the side that deals with language, is working at hyper speed and the other side is working very slowly and not always connecting properly". That's a pretty poor explanation looking back particularly as the brain is not compartmentalised in such a simplified manner but then he was explaining it to a 10 year old child and, in fairness to him, I have often thought that one area of my brain seems to make up for all of the problems I have with the others.
Steph
Forum God !

Postby wm1995 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:47 am

Steph wrote:I like things that require wordy explanations

Really? I hate words, because they take so long to write, and because each word implies something else. I always do really badly in exams with lots of explaining, which is why I seem to get the best marks in Physics and Maths, and the worst in English, the Humanities and Biology. Maybe I am stronger in the opposite side of the brain...
wm1995
Splendiferous Member

Postby bbsergeant » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:39 pm

thats a hard one as im doing maths and science a-levels, yet play guitar, piano and on occasion do remixes
bbsergeant
Advanced Member

Postby justme6565 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:25 pm

wm1995 wrote:I personally prefer maths and science because they have a straightforward answer which can be reached with logic, but I wonder if that's just me.

Really interesting, because that's exactly the reason I don't like Maths and Science. Not so much the logical thinking skills- because they can be applied in English and History etc., but because there's not much creative thinking involved....
“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” ~Bette Midler
justme6565
Forum Master

Postby JamesStanley » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm not a big fan of Biology and Chemistry but i love maths and physics. and i hate subjects like performing and expressive arts
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 am

I hate maths with a bloody passion. I am doing humanities in university. So, Humanities gets my vote for obvious reasons.
Talking is a sign of strength and not weakness

Help is always available and can be found here: http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8414
Brian
Splendiferous Member

Postby abi » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 am

maths and science all the way. i like the logical process behing it.
the way i see it, dyspraxia is an extra hurdle in every race i run, but that extra hurdle, is just extra exercise, so in the end, i will come through stronger.
abi
Mega Poster

Postby 07williamsdj » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:38 pm

I like physics and I chose to do phsycology, but im not very good at maths...
07williamsdj

Postby Remus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:23 am

I hate Maths, I fail badly. I can add, subtract, multiply and divide perfectly within reason but start talking about formulas and algebra and all that and I'm just confused.

As for science, I was always very good at chemistry (I loved the experiments) and biology but I hate physics so much.
Remus
Site Admin

Return to Fun Forum