teenage 'packs'

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Do you agree

Don't agree with crowds
80%
Do agree with crowds
20%

Total votes : 49

Re:

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:34 pm

parnassus wrote:
It is completely wrong NOT to send them to prison but as my friends don't hurt anybody, I don't find that a valid example.

But based on what you said originally - that people shouldn't be isolated because of their decisions - it was a valid example, as to commit murder is to make a choice. Now you have qualified your original statement by saying that it is OK to isolate people based on their decisions if that decision hurts people. And your friends are hurting people - themselves. Drug-taking is a tragedy and it can so easily go horribly, horribly wrong. There is a link between cannabis and mental illness (schizophrenia). LSD can trigger heart attacks. It is not right for a person to hurt him or herself in that way.

I apologize if I'm derailing the thread, I did not get a chance to read it all however your comment about LSD prompted me to do some research and I found that the lethal dose of LSD requires 38,500 street doses. I find it unlikely you would die from taking LSD directly, however it is possible to die by doing something stupid obviously.

The LD50 (dose at which 50% of administrations are fatal) of LSD is approximately 55mg/KG in mice. Assuming that the human body is reasonably similar in metabolism, that means that in order to kill an average human weighing 70KG (~155lb), they would have to ingest 3,850mg of LSD to die half of the time.

LSD is -the- most potent psychoactive currently known, and the psychotropic threshold is about 35-70ug (micrograms). Street doses are around 100ug.

A subject would have to ingest 38,500 street doses of unadulterated LSD* to die half of the time. If street prices are $5 per hit (conservative), it would cost $192,500 to obtain this much LSD.

Can you die from LSD poisoning? Yes, but it has yet to be documented in a human. Can you die from self-injury or recklessness while out of your mind on LSD? Absolutely, it happens all the time.

* LSD is often mixed with amphetamine derivatives, methamphetamine, caffeine, phencyclidine, pseudoephedrine, all of which are cardiotoxic and will kill you thousands of times faster than LSD itself, which is a remarkably safe drug, systemically.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/11424
Dan
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Re: teenage 'packs'

Postby JamesStanley » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 pm

i think some groups are quite bad although there are some good ones like book groups but i dont think its good when you see them all hanging around outside peoples houses and shops after they have closed
JamesStanley
Site Admin

Postby MinogueLover » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Less than 4, then I guess they are okay. But at my school, their is a BIG crowd of confidence killers. I hate crowded corridors and their is now a new rule at my school that you cannot go outside unless leaving school, meaning even more overcrowdedness and me ending up in a panicking state. The year 8s are the worst as they push everyone out of the way :/
MinogueLover

Postby 07williamsdj » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 pm

It depends on the type of 'pack', I hand around with a small group of people in school but I don't hang around with them outside of school. Outside of school I only really hang around with two people (we walk dogs together and have a laugh). I find crowds of people, any age, group, culture e.c.t intimidating, but I find that I feel safer in the group at school.
07williamsdj

Postby huntees » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:35 pm

I've founded very nice free android game on Google Play -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodsofttech.coloringforadults
It's all about colouring pages. A lot of fun & relax!
huntees

Postby jeannie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:41 pm

I used to hang out whith a large group its ok but when ya out on da street it can be a bit scary plus there are so many diffrent typs of groups crowds etc like all these grungers they piss me off calling me a chav just cause i dont allways behave myself dammmm grungers
gclub
jeannie

Previous

Return to Debate Forum