cloning

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

should cloning be legal

yes
38%
no
62%

Total votes : 21

cloning

Postby carrie » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:00 pm

what do you think about it im against but only cos it creates and disposes of life to easily
smile it could be worse

carrie

MY blog all about me and muy interests a bit like an online diary

http://runrigangelic.blogspot.com
carrie
Forum Master

Postby monkey » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:27 am

life is something of value.
monkey
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Xx_vampire_xX » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:44 pm

But think of all the wonders it can do people can have there own Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Xx_vampire_xX
Super Poster

Postby C » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:16 pm

I am completely against cloning, every human being is unique and it should stay that way.
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby carrie » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:28 pm

Xx_vampire_xX wrote:But think of all the wonders it can do people can have there own Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hmm nah its cos theres only 1 he's so desirable
smile it could be worse

carrie

MY blog all about me and muy interests a bit like an online diary

http://runrigangelic.blogspot.com
carrie
Forum Master

Postby bibliophile » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:18 pm

i dosn;t agree with cloning because people could missuse the technologie.

Aleo i think it would be horrible to have another one of me waslking about!

I really dislike the idea also as syou said everyone is unique and thats deffinately for a rreaspon.
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby Miranda » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:22 pm

I definately think no cloning because it might be possible to clone an evil dictator so their reign of terror would last for ever.
"I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Miranda
Mega Poster

Postby fuzzy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:11 pm

There are a lot of advatages to cloning as well- human organs can be cloned so that if you were to need a heart transplant, for example, there would always be an organ available- no waiting lists, no fear of rejection- a perfectly functioning replacement. Also- human tissue and organs can be cloned on their own, ie a whole person wouldnt be created- this isnt The Island! (as in the film)
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby alexlaird87 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:11 pm

i agree with cloning, provided it was carefully policed. the medical benafits are huge. i wouldnt worry about some one cloning you or a "evil dictator", because your personality and opinions are not hidden in your DNA, the reason hitler and stalin and all the rest became evil is a direct result of the things that happend to them in their lives. if hitlers father had not beaten him, he my have become a monk. if he had passed his higher education, he may have gotten in to art school. for all we know, hitler may have become famous for his art, and not for genoside.
alexlaird87
Forum Master

Postby Miranda » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:02 pm

Thanks, i reckon u r right, i just spoke in ignorance, sorry. I agree with it in theory then
"I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Miranda
Mega Poster

Postby _C_ » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:28 pm

Right.
I am all for cloning. I personally believe it is the way forward and the next stage in physical development.

Lets look at what COULD happen should cloning be legalised COMPLETELY
- misuse of technology eg - another johnny depp, replacing loved ones etc etc
- "designer" babies

But look what COULD happen if only CERTAIN ORGANISATIONS were permitted to clone and only CERTAIN PEOPLE within these organisations -
1) cure of previously incurable diseases
2) better development into the causes for learning difficulties and disabilities such as dyspraxia
3) possibly POSSIBLY hereditary/genetic disorders could be eradiated
4) better understanding of human life in general
5) blood and organ matches that are perfect and possibly, SLIGHTLY modified to ensure that they wont develop illness such as cancer in later life

Look at the two negatives and then look at the 5 positives ive thought of already.

Maybe I am biased what with Biochemistry and Genetics being an ambition of mine.

Please dont say i am being inhumane here.
_C_
Super Poster

Postby fuzzy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:56 pm

'course your not inhumane! I agree with you. Obviously if cloning was made legal it would need to be restricted- otherwise we'd have Sadams etc wlaking around our streets in no time! Cloning is a huge sceintific and medical advancement and to make it legal for certain things such as the clonign of organs and human tissue would have amazing consequences!

I think that its being held back for ethical and therefore political reasons- the Government would make a lot of enemies by legalising something as controvesial as cloning as so they wont push the Bill forward. Yarg! :x
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby cohen » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:15 pm

human cloning? full human cloning? NO! but organs, yes. organs could save so many lives. but for the human cloning, that would be playing god and its just wrong...
cohen
Advanced Member

Postby C » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:11 pm

_C_ wrote:Right.
I am all for cloning. I personally believe it is the way forward and the next stage in physical development.

Lets look at what COULD happen should cloning be legalised COMPLETELY
- misuse of technology eg - another johnny depp, replacing loved ones etc etc
- "designer" babies

But look what COULD happen if only CERTAIN ORGANISATIONS were permitted to clone and only CERTAIN PEOPLE within these organisations -
1) cure of previously incurable diseases
2) better development into the causes for learning difficulties and disabilities such as dyspraxia
3) possibly POSSIBLY hereditary/genetic disorders could be eradiated
4) better understanding of human life in general
5) blood and organ matches that are perfect and possibly, SLIGHTLY modified to ensure that they wont develop illness such as cancer in later life

Look at the two negatives and then look at the 5 positives ive thought of already.

Maybe I am biased what with Biochemistry and Genetics being an ambition of mine.

Please dont say i am being inhumane here.

Oh :oops: I was only thinking about cloning people lol. When it comes to cloning, for example, dead peoples organs, who agreed prior to their death, so they can be given to people who need a transplant I am for it
C
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby Alice » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:59 pm

I don't think cloning whole pepole or animals is right. I think creating life is God's job. But it's, unfortunatley, inevitable. Whatever pepole can do someone will do. I mean just look at the invention of the nuclear bomb, the guy felt guilty afterwards but that didn't stop him doing it in the first place.
Alice
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Next

Return to Debate Forum