Vegetarianism

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Vegetarianism

Postby madame_tigre » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:09 pm

More and more people are becoming vegetarian each week. Do you think that it is a good idea?

I can understand and respect all the reasons why someone might choose to be vegetarian, however (sorry if I offend any vegetarians reading this) I think eating meat is just part of the food chain and a natural way of life.
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby bibliophile » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:16 pm

i'm not a vegetarian but someone (i can't remember who) said 'animals are my friends, i don't eat my friends!' i agree a bit with him

I don't eat some meats because i dopn't like the taste not on moral grounds though!
there is a fine line between genius and insanity... i have erased this line!-anonymous
bibliophile
Super Poster

Postby carrie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:32 pm

Im not a vegetarian because i ike the taste of meat!!!

i haVent a problem with it just have a idea that i couldnt be
smile it could be worse

carrie

MY blog all about me and muy interests a bit like an online diary

http://runrigangelic.blogspot.com
carrie
Forum Master

Postby Cartouche » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:38 pm

I eat so little meat as it is, I could easily become vegetarian and have considered it many times. I tend to like Alternative Protein Foods as it is, and confuse people by taking veggie burgers instead of the meaty ones, and then having meat sausages later.

I once had a baby lamb think I was it's mother, and the super soft-cute lamb chased after our car for almost a mile, because it thought mummy was trying to run away from it. Since then, I've found it VERY hard to eat any lamb...poor little lamb...
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby fuzzy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:43 pm

Aaaahhh, see im not the animal caring type- well, not farm animals anyway. I mean, if we ate puppies, and kittens, then I object, but manky cows and pigs? Besides, By the time its on the supermarket shelf its all ready dead, so why not use it for the purpose it was bred for? I suppose that sounds quite harsh.... but I agree with Rossana; it IS natraul. Also- I think its unhealthy to not eat any meat at all- its been a huge part of the human diet ever since... well, humans lol.... My mums a veggie and she eats manky quorn and 'meat' slices- I mean, if your gonna buy sonmething for the meaty taste, why not save yourself cash by getting the real thing which will be better for you than fake meat crap with all its additives... *grumbles*
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby cohen » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:11 am

Cartouche wrote:I eat so little meat as it is, I could easily become vegetarian and have considered it many times. I tend to like Alternative Protein Foods as it is, and confuse people by taking veggie burgers instead of the meaty ones, and then having meat sausages later.

I once had a baby lamb think I was it's mother, and the super soft-cute lamb chased after our car for almost a mile, because it thought mummy was trying to run away from it. Since then, I've found it VERY hard to eat any lamb...poor little lamb...

ud be surprised, i ate very littel meat myself and did become veggie for 3 months but i missed meat a lot! its difficult to resist it :) so now im not veggie anymore lol
cohen
Advanced Member

Postby Cartouche » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:13 am

Oh, but there are health benefits, provided you maintain your intake of protein foods. Meats are very inefficient and giving you the energy you need, so you would need to eat a greater amount of meat to attain the same energy as from a lesser amount of alternative protein foods. Furthermore, the fats involved tend to be unsaturated, which is much better for you.

Anyways, I'm not vegetarian, but I'm so close I may as well argue this side of the debate. Funnily enough, my main reason for considering vegetarianism is that I'm almost there as it is: I don't like much meat, and I like things like soya, lentils and kidney beans.
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby fuzzy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:43 pm

But how can you not eat a lot of meat?! One word: MACDONALDS!!!! Me love Mc Chicken sandwhich meals...... mmm..... dead chickens.......
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby madame_tigre » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:15 pm

I really dislike McDonalds. Watching 'Supersize Me' has put me off a LOT. Saying that, I was going off it before it came out.

For me, bacon sandwiches is the main reason why I'd never become a veggie. Mmmmm!!
madame_tigre
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Postby fuzzy » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:38 pm

Yeah I wanted to see that Supersize Me- but I cou;ldnt deal with being put off MacDonalds- it'd be like loosing a frined!!!
fuzzy
Splendiferous Member

Postby Cartouche » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:51 pm

Bacon sandwiches are still nice. We have much to thank the Danish for!

I absolutely despise most fast food restaurants. I gave up with McDonalds after being violently sick after eating there...for at least the third time. The only fast food outlet where I will eat is Burger King, and even then, I only eat their beanburgers. I think there cannot be many who do, as most of the time I order a beanburger, the attendant blinks at me in confusion, and once I even had to use a menu to prove this 'non-meat burger' existed.

Of course, having a low tolerance threshold for grease does not help...
Cartouche
Splendiferous Member

Postby Miranda » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:03 pm

In theory i like the idea of being a vegetarien but in reality i am allergic to so much it would actually endanger my life to be a vegetarien. i have decided to put myself first here and just eat free range meat, it is the best i can do.
"I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Miranda
Mega Poster

Postby carrie » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:12 am

allergic to vegtables?????????????????
smile it could be worse

carrie

carrie
Forum Master

Postby Miranda » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:03 pm

Most!!!
Dont start on allergies, they are an inhumane disaster
"I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Miranda
Mega Poster

Postby carrie » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:00 am

aah right ok thanks miranda i got confusesd
smile it could be worse

carrie

carrie
Forum Master

Next

Return to Debate Forum