Euthanasia/physician assisted suicide

Feel free to debate any issues you wish here. Warning: The topics discussed and their content may on occassion offend some.

Euthanasia/assisted suicide. Is it right to legalilze it?

Yes, euthanasia/assisted suicide should be legalized
56%
No, euthanasia/assisted suicide is bad and should remain illegal.
44%

Total votes : 9

Postby parnassus » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:24 pm

Death has never really been the problem. It's just how you get there and who you leave behind.

How you get there is important. No one who commits suicide has a well-organized mind. You should only take leave of this earth at your appointed hour.

As for the leaving behind, in the Catholic Church we believe in something called 'the communion of saints'. That means that the veil separating the family of earth from the family of heaven is thinner than gossamer, so no one is ever left behind. Relationships with loved ones are everlasting. That was a marvellous comfort to me in the months following my grandma's death. I know she'll be back. :wink:
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, Hamlet.
parnassus
Site Admin

Postby pinkparrot » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:45 pm

I never knew my grandfather properly, yet was the only one who cried at his funeral.
pinkparrot
As Mad As A Box Of Frogs !

Postby Hermionefan5 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:12 am

parnassus wrote:
Death has never really been the problem. It's just how you get there and who you leave behind.

How you get there is important. No one who commits suicide has a well-organized mind. You should only take leave of this earth at your appointed hour.

As for the leaving behind, in the Catholic Church we believe in something called 'the communion of saints'. That means that the veil separating the family of earth from the family of heaven is thinner than gossamer, so no one is ever left behind. Relationships with loved ones are everlasting. That was a marvellous comfort to me in the months following my grandma's death. I know she'll be back. :wink:

So true, so true.
Image is from "Gilmore Girls" Season 1
"You are the same as everyone else."--"Forrest Gump"
"I want you to go out there and skate for these people like I have seen you skate."--"The Cutting Edge"
Hermionefan5
The Cat's Pajamas !!

Previous

Return to Debate Forum